ECONOMIST MOCK TEST ACCURACY

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

ECONOMIST MOCK TEST ACCURACY

by clm5170 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:17 pm
Hello fellow GMATers,
I just entered the 25k scholarship sponsored by the Economist by taking their mock test, which only includes math and verbal. I scored a 740, and I am wondering how that score compares to a real GMAC test.

I have scored in the high 600s with Veritas Prep so far, and their mock exams seem to be very accurate. However, I wanted to know if anyone had opinions on Economist Mocks....

Let me know!
Thank you,

Cari

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:02 pm
Hi Cari,

If you skip the Essay and IR sections of a CAT test, then your scores are likely to be "inflated" regardless of the "brand" of test. Now chances are that your skills are pretty strong - you're unlikely to score 740 by accident (unless something is significantly "off" with the scoring algorithm). If you truly want to measure your current ability level, then you should take one of the CATs from www.mba.com in its ENTIRETY and try to make the experience as test-like as possible.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by BestGMATEliza » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:32 pm
Congrats on the 740! Economist GMAT tests are pretty accurate, but as Rich said this score is inflated because you didn't take the IR or AWA. However, it does show you what you are capable of once you build up your mental endurance!
Eliza Chute
Best GMAT Prep Courses
GMAT course comparison and reviews
Your one stop for all your GMAT studying needs!