Profile Evaluation - Experience in Digital Marketing

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Good day everyone,

I would like to submit my profile for your valued evaluations as I believe I have a slightly different line of experience as others:

Academics:

University: Khulna University
CGPA: 3.07
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration
Major: Marketing
GMAT: 650
IELTS: Overall 7

Extra Curricular Activities:
1. Team leader - Second-runner up in 1 global case competition and 2 local marketing competitions
2. Elected executive member of Business Club and Movie club

Experience:
Now comes the tricky part. I have been working on oDesk (a freelance website) and have a contractual agreement with a US based digital marketing company (I7 Marketing) as Marketing Coordinator. All my work is done online. My employer is also willing to provide a letter of recommendation and would be able to certify that I've been working there since December, 2012, full time. I'm starting my applications from November.

Also, I'm excellent with technology and proficient in the latest digital marketing trends. Besides my business knowledge I have garnered through my academics, I was also able to learn a lot on the job which no graduate schools anywhere teaches you. Since I understand that digital marketing is a large part of the future of Marketing, I would like to enrich my knowledge in the field of Marketing, learn and practice new customs and would like to use this knowledge and combine it with digital marketing to devise new ideas and ways to innovate in this dynamic field.

Based on all these aspects, will you be able to tell me what would be the kinds of universities I should be looking into. Maybe a few examples will be able to give me a good idea and also, if you can tell me how I should be doing university researches in particular fields like these?

And most importantly, is my experience going to count well enough given the fact that I haven't really worked in an "actual" office?

I really appreciate all your responses. Thank you and please let me know if there's any question I need to further ask.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by juelipatel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:15 pm
hello ,
Thank you for sharing your profile with us..i saw one site on that site one tool is available for evaluate our profile it is awesome if any buddy want to check out that then check ...msmbainusa this site.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:36 am
Hello

Overall you have an average profile. Your GPA and GMAT scores are low for most top business schools. IF you could retake GMAT before applying, your chances of getting selected in a decent business school would improve greatly.

As long as your employer is ready to certify that you worked full time with the company, I don't think that it should be an issue. However, you may fall short of work experience for a few schools as the average for US schools is around 4-5 years and a little higher for European Business Schools. What matters to business schools is the kind of experience you will bring to their class of MBA and to what extent your classmates could learn from you. IF you could gain another year of valuable full time work-experience it will be much better. You have only written about what you did and learnt at your job. Can you discuss how you performed and how your work contributed to the two companies? Are you supervising a marketing team at I7?

It is good that you led a team and performed well in the global case study competitions. How was your performance in the local competitions? Did you also participate in any events during college? You could improve your profile a lot more if you could engage yourself in more extracurricular activities in an outside of work.
Your reasons to pursue an MBA sound quite convincing. With your experience, MBA with a specialization in marketing makes a lot of sense. You can shortlist schools on the basis of your scores, GPA and the region where you want to pursue and MBA. With your current profile, you can take a look at these schools - SDA Bocconi, NUS, Melbourne School of Business, Warwick, UBC Sauder. With an improved GMAT score, that offsets your GPA, you will be able to apply to some more top schools.

You can take a look at this article to get a better idea of what business schools look for in your application https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/6-comp ... pplication

All the best

www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target Business School