Tax differences and test report analysis

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Tax differences and test report analysis

by confused13 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:15 am
I have two unrelated questions:

1) Why are there taxation differences for the GMAT? I pay an additional 50 USD VAT for the GMAT, something I hadn't done for the TOEFL for example or in other countries. Why do the GMAT officials not take steps, so that the tax will be abandoned?

2) Why do you not offer a analysis of how many questions the test-take got right or wrong? Separated into Quant/Verbal maybe even further into PS/DS and SC/CR/RC. I mean honestly: you guys already have the data at hand. Print it on the pdf docs and proceed with the data as you would anyway.
This would be really helpful for the students, and not (unnecessarily) result in a gigantic pseudo black box.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:29 pm
Hello, Confused.

1) We comply with the tax laws of each country that the GMAT exam is available in. If you let us know which country you are testing in, we may be able to provide you with a detailed explanation.

2) The GMAT exam is a computer-adaptive test, which means your score is not calculated based only on the number of questions you get right or wrong, but also the level of difficulty of the questions you answer. A question with a higher difficulty level will be answered correctly by fewer people than a question of a lower difficulty level. All GMAT question types are tested at all difficulty levels, so there is no question type that would have a higher or lower number of correct answers.

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!