HEC vs. Erasmus RSM

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HEC vs. Erasmus RSM

by LBC22 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:22 pm
Hi,

Could you please help me with pros and cons for both HEC and Erasmus RSM MBA's?

I've narrowed down my applications to this two. Anything related to their curricula, teaching, job opportunities, etc will be helpful.

Followed by:3 members

by BartScheenaard » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:47 am
Hello LBC22,

Although my reponse to your queries will be a bit biased (I do work for the RSM MBA programmes) I would be happy to address your questions if you like:)

Kind regards,
Bart Scheenaard (FTMBA Admissions Manager)

by LBC22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:48 pm
Hello Bart,

Thank you for your response. I am actually hoping some alumni will give me their comments on the programs. Most of the time they can give you information no brochure can.

You could help me with a the following questions:

- Does the MBA uses the case method?
- What is the shortest time in which the application process can be completed?
- How long does it takes to get a response when applying to scholarships.
- When will be the first day of classes?

by BartScheenaard » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 am
Hello,

I am more then happy to connect with our Alumni. Could you provide me with your profile? (you can email your CV or provide your LinkedIN profile directly to [email protected])

To your questions:

1) Yes, the RSM MBA uses the business case approach
2) That depends on you:) but it can be possible to complete the application within a few days
3) That also depends on when you apply for scholarship, however it can take up to 6 weeks after the specific scholarship application deadline
4) The first day is on the 12th of January.

Kind regards,

Bart

by BartScheenaard » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 am
Hello,

I am more then happy to connect with our Alumni. Could you provide me with your profile? (you can email your CV or provide your LinkedIN profile directly to [email protected])

To your questions:

1) Yes, the RSM MBA uses the business case approach
2) That depends on you:) but it can be possible to complete the application within a few days
3) That also depends on when you apply for scholarship, however it can take up to 6 weeks after the specific scholarship application deadline
4) The first day is on the 12th of January.

Kind regards,

Bart

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:05 pm
Hello

HEC is ranked slightly higher than Erasmus RSM. You are more likely to get a scholarship in HEC than in RSM. HEC has a higher amount of average scholarship and a higher % of students receiving scholarships than RSM. The average salary post MBA at HEC is above $110,000 whereas at RSM it is around $92k. The top Industry where most students got placed at HEC is Financial Services followed by consulting and energy, whereas at RSM, the top industry is Consumer products, closely followed by consulting and technology.

MBA program in HEC is 16 months long starting in September whereas RSM' program is 12 month long starting in January. Top three teaching methodologies at HEC are case studies followed by lecture and team projects whereas at RSM, significant focus is on team projects. Other methodologies are RSM are case study approach and experiential learning.

The application process at HEC usually takes 4 to 6 weeks post the deadline. MBA at HEC also gives you the opportunity to do summer internships.

Tell me about your post MBA goals, which industry you are in right now, and which you would like to be in after MBA and it will be easier for me to suggest you.

You could go through this article to get more information on scholarships. https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/25-sch ... l-students

All the best
www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews and Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target B-School

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:06 pm
Hello

HEC is ranked slightly higher than Erasmus RSM. You are more likely to get a scholarship in HEC than in RSM. HEC has a higher amount of average scholarship and a higher % of students receiving scholarships than RSM. The average salary post MBA at HEC is above $110,000 whereas at RSM it is around $92k. The top Industry where most students got placed at HEC is Financial Services followed by consulting and energy, whereas at RSM, the top industry is Consumer products, closely followed by consulting and technology.

MBA program in HEC is 16 months long starting in September whereas RSM' program is 12 month long starting in January. Top three teaching methodologies at HEC are case studies followed by lecture and team projects whereas at RSM, significant focus is on team projects. Other methodologies are RSM are case study approach and experiential learning.

The application process at HEC usually takes 4 to 6 weeks post the deadline. MBA at HEC also gives you the opportunity to do summer internships.

Tell me about your post MBA goals, which industry you are in right now, and which you would like to be in after MBA and it will be easier for me to suggest you.

You could go through this article to get more information on scholarships. https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/25-sch ... l-students

All the best
www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews and Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target B-School