Is it true that I am already too late? Please help

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
Hi,

I just talked to some folks and I checked the websites of quite a few schools(TAMU, UI @Urbana Champaign, UW@Madison, UNC-Kenan Flagler etc.). I checked those previously as well, and considered round2 accordingly. Also, they all declared 1st round dates around mid Sept, although they mentioned different round 2 dates for International applicants. I want to apply for fall 2015 (no exception!). My GMAT is on 27th Sept. I am not prepared enough to prepone the test date and I will have to sit for TOEFL, provided I have good GMAT score. But those folks, I talked to, told me that it will not be a good option and I am late. Would I still be able to apply for and get admitted to Fall 2015 course?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:40 am
They are simply saying that there is a lot for you to do in a short period of time - this is true. It does not mean that you can't do it, but be prepared for a lot of long hours working on test prep and applications.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:42 am
Hi Tanvi,

It requires considerable amount of effort, time and focus for stellar application. As a International applicant you need to apply on or before round 2, so suggest you to simultaneously work on your applications along with GMAT preparation. We all know it is difficult to focus on both but still possible to complete 2-3 applications by September end. Go for it! and start your preparation immediately. Try B-School Selector Tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/ocaeu6

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
tanvis1120 wrote:Hi,

I just talked to some folks and I checked the websites of quite a few schools(TAMU, UI @Urbana Champaign, UW@Madison, UNC-Kenan Flagler etc.). I checked those previously as well, and considered round2 accordingly. Also, they all declared 1st round dates around mid Sept, although they mentioned different round 2 dates for International applicants. I want to apply for fall 2015 (no exception!). My GMAT is on 27th Sept. I am not prepared enough to prepone the test date and I will have to sit for TOEFL, provided I have good GMAT score. But those folks, I talked to, told me that it will not be a good option and I am late. Would I still be able to apply for and get admitted to Fall 2015 course?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:58 am
Hi tanvis1120,
You are not too late, many MBA programs have round 2 deadlines around December-January, as you can see here: https://www.aringo.com/MBA_Current_Deadlines.asp