GMAT TEST TIME

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

GMAT TEST TIME

by RiyaR » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:58 am
Hey has anybody taken the GMAT in the evening? And is there any best time to take the test?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:02 am
If you mean 4:30 or 5PM...that is one of the starting times that is commonly offered. Therefore many thousands of people have taken an exam ending around 9PM.

However, this time frame is not for me. I prefer the afternoon time, which is around 1PM.

Now the time that works for you is something that you will need to decide for yourself. What time of day are you at your best? If you are best at the morning you have another thing to consider...can you easily get to the test center at 8AM? I cannot. So for me the 1PM time slot is really the only one.

There will be a best time slot for you as well.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by RiyaR » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 am
From, what I have seen till now.... The morning slot is way too early for me. Afternoon at 1 makes me a little sleepy. I tend to feel more relaxed and fresh at around 4:30 and 5

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:35 am
Hi RiyaR,

As David alluded to, performing at your best on Test Day is a matter of a number of variables (one of which is the time of day that you start your GMAT). Most Testing Centers offer 3 "shifts" of start times - a morning shift, an afternoon shift and an early evening shift. Since we're now in the busy time of the year (when many Test Takers are all attempting to schedule their Tests), you might have to schedule your exam a couple of months in advance if you want to take your GMAT on a specific day of the week and at a specific time.

One of your physical goals on Test Day should be to walk into the Test Center awake, alert and ready to perform at your best. Most Test Takers see a "drop off" in performance as the day goes on, so starting your GMAT at 5pm might be a problem (although it depends on when you wake up and the day's activities before the Test).

You can (and should) experiment a bit with your practice CATs - try taking them at different times of the day (but try to make the other aspects of those practice CATs as realistic as possible - take the entire CAT, in a Test-like setting, on a Desktop computer, etc.) and see how you perform.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]