Good to great?�48-50-51?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Good to great?�48-50-51?

by MICHAELIU » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 pm
Hi,

I tried twice GMAT and got 50 and 48 respectively, I searched some of questions in different forums only found that some of the challenge questions not really challenging to me?

can somebody advise me how can I improve my math scores from to 51/52? any resources, courses can recommend? any methodologies?

Many thanks,

Michael

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:43 pm
Hi Michael,

Once you're scoring at that level, the difference in scores is as much about your organization and thoroughness as it is about understanding the content. At the higher levels, the GMAT becomes really "sensitive" to little mistakes, so 1-2 silly mistakes at the wrong point could hurt just enough to turn a 51 into a 50. The adaptive algorithm works in such a way that the little mistake(s) likely wouldn't be on any question that you consider difficult - they're more likely to occur on a mid-level prompt (and could very well be on DS questions).

Once you know the content and tactics, the ultimate way to protect yourself against silly mistakes is to make your "process" fool-proof. Write everything down, do nothing in your head, leave nothing to chance.

Is there a specific reason why you're putting so much emphasis on this one part of the GMAT? Are you looking to apply to a particular program/school?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]