Prep course: Veritas vs. Manhattan vs. Kaplan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the online GMAT prep courses offered by Veritas, Manhattan, and/or Kaplan? I'm looking for some guidance on differences between the courses and which will be the best fit for me. Are there any advantages to one format over another?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Caitlin

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:33 am
Hi cait2728,

There are a number of factors to consider when selecting a GMAT product (and there are plenty of GMAT Courses and Guided Self-Study Programs to choose from beyond the three that you listed).

1) When do you want to take the GMAT?
2) What is your score goal?
3) What schools are you planning to apply to?

4) What is your timeline/study "window"?
5) What is your budget (you don't have to list that here)?
6) How best do you learn/study?
Etc.

Thankfully, most GMAT companies offer some type of free resources (practice questions, Trial Accounts, etc.), so that you can test out a product before you purchase it. I suggest that you take advantage of all of these options, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:39 am
Has anyone had any experience with the online GMAT prep courses offered by Veritas, Manhattan, and/or Kaplan? I'm looking for some guidance on differences between the courses and which will be the best fit for me. Are there any advantages to one format over another?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Caitlin

You should check out the verified reviews here on Beat the GMAT. These reviews are written by actual students who have enrolled in the course they are reviewing.

The link is above at the top of the page, or click on https://reviews.beatthegmat.com/

Why not try out a session of Veritas to see if you agree with the hundreds of students who have submitted there reviews? This is a free trial of the actual class you will attend with your actual instructor. Not a seminar. https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gmat-class/
Last edited by David@VeritasPrep on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by cait2728 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 am
Hi,

Thank you both for your responses!

I've signed up for a trail class with Kaplan and Manhattan. I'm in the process of looking for one with Veritas. I've ordered the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2015 book to start me off while I look at course options.

I'm hoping to take the GMAT in the first couple of weeks in December - I haven't chosen an exact date yet. Ideally, my goal is likely between 680-700 but I haven't yet taken the practice CAT so I'm not sure if that's realistic at this point. I learn best within a classroom environment and the set timing/structure that it provides me with. Most of the in person classroom options might be tricky with my work schedule so I'm leaning towards the live online format which provides more flexibility.

The reviews here on Beat the GMAT are great but I can't seem to find solid differences between the courses - whether it be format, teaching style, strategies, etc so any guidance on differentiating factors would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Caitlin

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by BestGMATEliza » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:01 am
Hey Caitlin,

I run a course comparison website, here are some of the differences between the three:

Teaching hours: Veritas: 36, Kaplan: 27, MGMAT: 27.5
Total full length CATs: Veritas: 12, Kaplan: 9, MGMAT: 6
Total Practice Questions provided: Veritas: 3,000, Kaplan: 5,000, MGMAT: 4,200

The instructors foe Vertias are all 99th percentile scorers and have gone through a Veritas teacher training program. The instructors for Kaplan are all "top scorers" and have gone through a kaplan training program. For MGMAT they all scored in the 99th percentile and have 2 years teaching experience.
They also all have different score guarantees.

Hope this helps!
Eliza Chute
Best GMAT Prep Courses
GMAT course comparison and reviews
Your one stop for all your GMAT studying needs!