Do B.schools need proof for family income

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I was curious to know whether B.schools need proof about your family business income. I want to join my family business after MBA, so would be quantifying some data (revenue/ profit etc.) in my essays. I was wondering if I will need to give them any proof of some kind, in the MBA applications, or at the time of interview / admission.

Would really appreciate any insights on this.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:30 am
You won't need to produce anything specific (unless you are talking about financial aid), but obviously report accurate numbers just in case...
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:54 pm
Numbers will help but be careful how you incorporate it into your essays. You don't want it to seem unnatural which it might. If possible, describe it qualitatively - not so you can hide numbers, but because you can still give an indication of size and scope without awkwardly throwing in numbers where they might not work!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:50 am
Hello

As part of your application you will have show documented proof of work experience, proving that you did work at the firm for x number of years. Some business schools do ask for proof of income for the last 12 or 6 months as part of the application. This varies from school to school. Few business schools ask for this data for statistical purposes. You will also be required to show proof of your income at certain schools while applying for scholarships. If you are applying to business schools outside of the country, you will have to show proof of financial resources for visa purposes. In these three cases, you will only have to provide the required documentation after you have been offered admission.

I would suggest you to contact the admission division of individual schools to find out what their requirements are. If you tell me the schools you are applying to, I can let you know if they require this data or not.

Download our free eBook on how to get into a top business school at: https://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php

All the best
www.interviewbay.com

Application Reviews and Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target B-School