Profile Evaluation: Indian, 26, IT Industry, GMAT 720

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:720
I hope that you can help me appraise my profile.

Citizenship: Indian
Designation: Project Management Office Lead (Project Management services for IT Infrastructure projects)
GMAT score: 720 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5)
Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor Of Technology in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi)
Year of Graduation: 2010
Months of Work Experience till date: 49

Experience/Personal Attributes/Leadership Qualities/Academics:
I started working with an IT company immediately after my graduation. I was selected from campus. At the beginning, I was designated as an associate professional as a junior Project Control Analyst in my team. We function as PMO staff for the Australian entity of our company. I climbed the ladder quite quickly and was assigned as the India staff lead in 2012. In this position, I looked after the work assignments and knowledge management of the India staff. I was also responsible for assisting PMs in running and maintaining their projects on the company's project management tool, maintenance of this tool and conducting trainings for the staff. In 2013, our PMO underwent a major transition in which two major entities (Asia and Australia) of the company merged to form a Global PMO. At this time I was looking for more challenges and decided to apply for the PMO Lead role. I was accepted shortly after which I planned and executed the transition and transformation of our PMO Services. Now I lead a team spread across continents. Since then I have lead and managed core PMO services and staff.

In 2013, I was also involved in a Teach India campaign to Empower young and old adults with English to acquire better job opportunities. This experience had a major impact on me personally.

In school, I participated in several debates and elocution competitions, and even won several events. I was also on the editorial board of the school magazine. I am two-time recipient of the school all-rounder award and a general proficiency award recipient for 9 consecutive years. I was also a high school topper and school captain. Moreover, I was an active member of the environmental and social services club.

Class 10: 93.2% (CBSE, India)
Class 12: 83.2% (CBSE, India)

In college, I completed a very crucial project in a government Defence equipment cooperation during my summer internship. In my final year, I collaborated with a team of 3 students and built a robust project which was extensive in areas of: scope, expense and technology. This project was selected for an inter-university level competition.
4-year aggregate: 75.2% (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi)

Post MBA, I want to work in consulting and strategy in the High Tech Industry. The fields of product management, sales, brand management and product strategy excite me.

I plan to apply to the following schools (all R1):

1) Cornell University (Johnson)
2) University of Virginia (Darden)
3) Michigan Ross
4) UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
5) UCLA Anderson

What do you think?