Profile Eval : GMAT 720 MS in Mechanical + 4 years work ex

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I took the GMAT exactly 5 days back. It was my first attempt and I am very happy with the score which is 720. I have completed my Masters in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Missouri, Rolla and have been working full time since May 2011. I am looking for applying to Fall or Summer (depending on when schools start) 2015 Part Time MBA programs

Now, its time to think about the applications and schools and the post MBA future. I am currently working full time in Detroit, Michigan with Automotive supplier firm and hence I would be looking at a Part Time MBA. Also, I am on an H1B Visa.

Post MBA Goals: There are a few possibilities I am looking at.

1. Change from my current Product Design profile to a Consultant in a Management Consulting firm.

2. Be in the Automotive world but in a different domain such as Brand Management, Marketing, Finance, New Markets etc.

Possible Applications: Considering my work location and my inclination to go for Part time MBA, I need to find schools within my comfort travel radius. Also, since I have a decently good score for PT MBA, I am looking at the top 10 schools since PT MBA GMAT requirements are not as high as they are for FT MBA. Most probably I am looking at weekend MBA and the two schools which offer Weekend MBA and which will not take a toll on me are

1. U of Michigan Ross (30 miles away). I can go anytime for any event.
2. U of Chicago Booth (250 miles away). Booth conducts classes on Sat-Sun and hence its manageable.
3. Kellogg- Northwestern university.

Considering my profile, my goals and possible school choices, I would like to get advice from your expert admission consultants on what to go for which will shape my future well. Also, if there are any other possibilities or opinions you would like to shed light upon, please feel free to do so.