Profile Evaluation (Fall 2015) - 24 year old.

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello

I request you to please evaluate my profile and gauge my chances at my selected schools.

I am an Indian engineer from BITS-Pilani having work experience of 26 months to this day in a top MNC.

GMAT - 750 (51, 39)
GPA - 8.3/10

I have a lot of leadership and team experience at work and undergraduation. Even led a small team for a massive product commercialization despite being the youngest. I have good recos and decent extra curriculars. I have also been promoted twice in two years, and involved in small scale volunteer work.

My post mba goal is as a strategy consultant in technology firms and long term aim is to grow into General Mgmt.

I'll be applying to:
MIT Sloan
Kellogg
Fuqua-Duke
Rotman
McCombs
Foster

Have I compiled a good list?

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 pm
Hello razordude1717,

Thank you for your post!

As you may be aware, as an Indian national with an undergraduate degree from an Indian institution, you come from an oversubscribed pool of applicants. This puts more pressure on several aspects of your candidacy to stand out. Fortunately, a 750 GMAT and extensive leadership experience will help you do so. A 750 GMAT would actually open more doors for you along the lines of MIT / Sloan, Northwestern / Kellogg and Duke / Fuqua. Rotman, McCombs and Foster are solid programs, but you may consider swapping one out for a higher tier. In regards to your consulting goals, these will be seen as feasible; however, you'll want to dig deeper into these to set yourself apart more. Identify a few target firms, elaborate on the impact you wish to have-accounting for such details should also help you determine why you need an MBA.

If you would like to discuss your applications further, please contact us directly at https://www.clearadmit.com/services/free-consultation/
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.