Time after 5th attempt

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Time after 5th attempt

by confused13 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:01 am
I know that I have to wait 31 days between the GMAT exams.
But I have one further question:
Assuming I just had done my 5th gmat, do I have to wait until the end of the year or do I have to wait 365 days until I can reattempt?

Thanks

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:11 am
Thanks for the question. You can take the exam up to five times in a rolling 12 month period. So you do not to wait a full 365 days from the date of your fifth attempt. The easiest way to find out when you are eligible to take the exam again is to enter your current or most recent exam date on the "register for the exam" page on mba.com. You will receive a message letting you know when you will be eligible for another exam date. You can find that information here: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... .aspx#tab5.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:11 am
Thanks for the question. You can take the exam up to five times in a rolling 12 month period. So you do not to wait a full 365 days from the date of your fifth attempt. The easiest way to find out when you are eligible to take the exam again is to enter your current or most recent exam date on the "register for the exam" page on mba.com. You will receive a message letting you know when you will be eligible for another exam date. You can find that information here: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... .aspx#tab5.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!