Ask IndusMinds

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Ask IndusMinds

by IndusMinds » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 pm
All,
IndusMinds is a premier consulting company which provides comprehensive mentoring for aspiring MBA students. Consultants at IndusMinds represent a wide range of schools such as Stanford, UCLA Anderson, Chicago, Darden, Duke and ISB. We have been active on BusinessWeek and GmatClub forum for several years and we would like to invite your questions for the MBA application process.

Keep the questions pouring in and good luck with your MBA applications. It's a unique experience which can be extremely demanding but at the same time extremely rewarding.
Priya
Professional, MBA Admissions Consultant
IndusMinds Consulting Service
www.indusminds.com
IndusMinds views on Essay Writing on BusinessWeek

by IndusMinds » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm
An Indian engineer details his experiences and the strategies he used to score a whopping 760 on the GMAT in just 2 months. Through meticulous planning and by not leaving anything to chances, you can maximize your score.

This GMATTER segmented his errors into silly and conceptual errors and kept working on them until he got it right. It's a wonderfully different way of solving the GMAT Puzzle and will definitely be a great read for those running short on prep time...Read full article here.
Priya
www.indusminds.com

by IndusMinds » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:24 pm
In this week's blog post we discuss the big question: "Whether to apply to MBA programs and is now a good time?" through the stories of two MBA aspirants SuperGMAT and MBADream, both of whom had stellar GMAT scores and great academic and professional credentials. SG and MD have today made a name for themselves in the business world, however one of them did it without an MBA.

Like SuperGMAT and MBADream, almost everyone goes through a stressful process of making the big decision-whether to apply to business schools. More often than not, this is an impulsive decision and ends up not being a very thought through decision. There are too many variables involved in this decision making and addressing the most critical ones should help you take the final call.

Click here to read the full article.
Priya
www.indusminds.com

by IndusMinds » Thu May 02, 2013 8:15 pm
How to Plan your application cycle?

This week's blog post is geared towards helping you draft an application strategy. They key is-'Plan in advance for whichever round you are targeting'. The effort needed to draft compelling application can be overwhelming and many a times applicants don't realize what they are signing up for. The key to increase your chances of success in this process is to break the process down into steps and ensure that you execute each step to the best of your abilities.

Click here to read full article.
Priya
www.indusminds.com

by IndusMinds » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:22 am
You are probably in the midst of preparing your applications but still struggling with several burning questions.
Is MBA for you?
How to ace the GMAT?
Still wondering which schools to apply?
Does your career goals goal make sense?
Wondering about fellowship vs rank?
Wondering about whether to apply in R1 vs R2?
Or the most important question: How to plan your application cycle?

IndusMinds offers free 30 minute consultation so utilize this opportunity to get an expert opinion. Drop us an email at [email protected]
Priya
www.indusminds.com

by IndusMinds » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:52 pm
Resume is one of the most critical components of an MBA application and is often the most ignored one.

Resume speaks volumes about one's breadth and depth of experience and is a good indicator for one's potential to be a corporate leader post-MBA. Resume also serves as the basis of the MBA admission interview.

Needless to say a weak resume is a recipe for disaster. Here is a exhaustive list of to dos which you have to keep in mind to create that stellar resume you always wanted.
Priya
www.indusminds.com

by IndusMinds » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
You want to apply to a school but you are not sure if it's in your reach?
Your experience has been in IT and you want to switch to finance but are not clear on how to approach the essays?
Are you breaching 30 and wondering if you have missed the boat?

For many such questions, contact us for a free profile evaluation and a chat with one of our team members at https://www.indusminds.com or send us an email at [email protected]

With several admits with $$$ to top schools such as Tuck, Insead, UCLA, Duke etc, we have helped many Indian applicants craft stories which helped them not only get an admit but also top $$$.

We look forward to answering your questions.
Priya
www.indusminds.com

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by RBBmba@2014 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:56 am
Hi IndusMinds,
As far as my research goes, for MBA applicants with RE focus, UCLA has got pretty strong real estate program (I know there are other schools as well in the top 20 with strong or may be stronger RE focused MBA curriculum, but I'm considering it along side those) . However, I've some dilemma in locking it for my apps mostly because of the following -

I don't want to be in Cali post-MBA. Rather I want to be in the South or East Coast, preferably Texas/Georgia(Atlanta)/North Carolina etc.

For a UCLA MBA grad, what are the prospects/chances of getting RE consulting job in East coast or South in the firms such as CBRE,C&W,JLL (and/or in some MC firms,with strong business in RE field, such as Deloitte,PwC,E&Y,McKinsey) ?
If coming out from UCLA, I say that I wanna have a posting in any of the above mentioned states then will that become a hindrance and will they gonna push me into their West coast offices?

So, bottom-line is that considering the above, should I go ahead with UCLA application ?

Would much appreciate your feedback on this!

Looking forward to your thoughts. Thank you.

by IndusMinds » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:37 am
Sorry for a very late reply but hope this helps.

My first reaction would be why apply to a program when you are 'sure' you don't want to be in that location post MBA. Real estate mostly has a local flavor where your network/connection matter a lot. Of course there are firms which are not local in nature and those would be your target. A simple search on Linked UCLA Anderson + Real Estate will show you that the UCLA Alumni is spread across the USA even though it is heavily concentrated in the SoCal region (almost two-third).

Since real estate is a niche career, it would help if you contacted some of the UCLA Alumni who are in your dream companies. AREA (https://www.uclaarea.org/) office holders can give you some good insights as well.

UCLA is a simple application so I would recommend that you apply anyhow. From an application perspective, I wouldn't focus on your desire to move out to Cali. This research should be done in parallel.
Priya
www.indusminds.com