Wharton, INSEAD and LBS - If I got accepted, so can you!

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi all,

I got accepted to the three above mentioned schools (Wharton, INSEAD and LBS), with a background that is far from seamless! In the end I chose INSEAD because of their 1 year program.

I have time off and want to help applicants that are applying to b-school but don't have the budget to use very expensive consultants...

Please private message me if you have any general questions or want help on how to address low gpa, low gmat, or generally weird profiles :)

Matt

by zara922 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:55 am
Hi Matt

Congratuations for being accepted to your chosen programs. My situation is similar to yours so I would like to ask for advice. Please tell me if I have a chance to be accepted to top MBA or Master in Finance program.
I am 22 years old, my GPA is 2.7 which is low (Bachelor in Economics). But the reason for my low GPA was the fact that I was working for almost all the 4 years of my undergraduate studies. My TOEFL score is 105. I will take GMAT exam in september, now I am studying. I also have 2 year work experience after graduation and have volunteered in my school and hospital. So do I have a chance to be accepted to Wharton or LBS or other top MBA program.

Zara

by maus3 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:22 pm
Low GPA.. Tell me about it. Ive got 2.99.hoping to make up for it in GMAT.

by zara922 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:00 pm
I think my GPA is approximatly 2.7 (It is 13.5 from 20). I was 16 when I started my studies and maybe wasn't ready for such a complex program. We always had at least 2 advanced math classes every semester and after school I wasn't prepared for complex math courses. Also I soon found a good job and was happy to earn money. I was studying during nights or at univresity so my job really affected my score. At that time I didn't even know that GPA will be important for continuing education.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by RiyaR » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:08 am
Hey congrats on the admission!! I have done my undergraduate in management studies and I have a Masters of COmmerce degree. I have been working for around two years and I have a toefl score of 115. Im preparing for my gmat. Could you tell me more about your resume and the admission interviews?

by maus3 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:10 am
Yeah I didn't take the undergrad seriously as well. I got 114 in TOEFL. Ihope one month of prep would be enough for GMAT. I have planned to take it in the beginning of September.