Need you help please

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need you help please

by nagieb5000 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:44 am
Hi every one

i need your help , i am facing here a very bad situation because of this GMAT , i have been given a provisional admission for september 2014 intake to one of German business school pending achieving of 500 or more in GMAT , in the first trial i have achieved 470 32Q, 23V , the admission committe accepted to wait for a good score from a second trial but unfortunately i have achieved 480 32Q , 23V , this score disappointed every one and the admission committee refused to with for a third trail and asked me to wait for 2015 intake .

Actually i do not want to wait one more year to pursue my MBA , and need it now or not at all .

i will tackle the exam for a third trial after one month hopping that the admission commtte will accept the score and admit me this september because i do not have a problem with the German Visa .

My studying play will focus on Quantitative section .

i have been studying from 7 months ago and my resources were many : i subscribed to Economist tutor for 4 months , and i used 13OG , manhattan 6 exam , question pack 2 in GMAT application , and currently i am using manhattan books .

so could you help me to shape a studying plan for the next 4 week to achieve a good score exceed the requested 500

a brief background about me , i am not a native speaker , 30 years old a pharmacist with 6 years work experiences in sales and marketing of medical devices with a managerial responsibilities .

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:07 am
Hi nagieb5000,

Your GMAT scores are really close to the 500+ range that you're looking for, so you probably don't need to do too much "new" work to hit your goal.

During your studies, how many practice CATs did you take? How did the scores compare to your Official GMAT scores?

I suggest that you do a full question-by-question review of your most recent CAT and make note of WHY you were getting questions wrong? If it's because of a silly mistake, then you have to FIX those silly mistakes. If you can keep the silly mistakes from happening, then you'll have no problem scoring above a 500.

The next issue is pacing. Do you have problems finishing any section of the GMAT? Do you run out of time and have to guess on the last questions just to finish a section? Did you ever leave any questions unanswered?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:39 pm
The good news: You have the MGMAT materials, you're only 20-30 pts away from your target score, you know the basics!

The bad news: You have 4 weeks.

Is your target score do-able? Yes! But let's get SPECIFIC about what you need to do.

#1: You need to KNOW what you DON'T KNOW.
What practice CATs did you take as part of your initial study period? Did you make an Error Log for ALL your incorrect answers? What are you 3 weakest Verbal concepts? 3 weakest Quant? if you don't know, that's a problem! In 4 weeks, I'd recommend you do 4 CATs: 1 TODAY, and then 4 more equally spaced out every 6 days or so. GMATPrep would be ideal -- did you burn through all 4 in your initial go-round, or do you have any left? what about MGMAT? Have you taken any Veritas CATs? My guess is that you didn't systematically log what types of concepts you missed and didn't address them in a targeted manner.

#2: You need to STEP UP your strategies. Definitely for PS and DS, but ESPECIALLY for Verbal. You could probably be making some big strategic changes in Verbal that alone would boost your score. How are you using your scratch paper? For RC, how are you breaking down the passages? Are you taking notes that serve as predictions for anticipated questions?

#3: You need to be focus on 4-5 concepts each week, and MASTER THEM. Don't try to do everything in 4 weeks. It's impossible and you'll spread yourself too thin. Identify your major weaknesses and start there.

I'd be happy to work with you more on identifying weaknesses, implementing strategies, and focusing you to reach your target score. You can find out more about my methodology on: www.gmatrockstar.com.

In the meantime, I'd review your last 2 practice CATs with this attached error log. Start figuring out what you don't know and WHY you're getting questions wrong.

This is my fave quote to inspire you:

"Thoroughness characterizes all successful men. Genius is the art of taking infinite pains. All great achievement has been characterized by extreme care, infinite painstaking, even to the minutest detail." -Elbert Hubbard

More info: https://gmatrockstar.com/category/gmat/[/b]
Attachments
Error Log Template.xlsx
(12.03 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)