Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Low GPA score but high GMAT score

by vaibhav0101bhatt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 am
Hello,

I have a low graduation percentage 61%.
I recently gave my GMAT and scored 740, essay 6 and IR 7
I completed my graduation in 2010 and worked with an MNC for 2 and a half years and left it when i was senior software consultant.
I started my own creative agency. have some wonderful success stories and some amazing failure stories. As soon as i realized that i am doing something very wrong, which i have no idea about. I left my drowning business in march and started preparing for MBA and recently gave GMAT. As of now i am working as a core member of an NGO where we provide education to underprivileged children and orphan children.

Do i stand some chance to make it top 15 business schools despite my low GPA but with amazing sine curve of my career and a good GMAT score?

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:10 am
vaibhav0101bhatt wrote:Hello,

I have a low graduation percentage 61%.
I recently gave my GMAT and scored 740, essay 6 and IR 7
I completed my graduation in 2010 and worked with an MNC for 2 and a half years and left it when i was senior software consultant.
I started my own creative agency. have some wonderful success stories and some amazing failure stories. As soon as i realized that i am doing something very wrong, which i have no idea about. I left my drowning business in march and started preparing for MBA and recently gave GMAT. As of now i am working as a core member of an NGO where we provide education to underprivileged children and orphan children.

Do i stand some chance to make it top 15 business schools despite my low GPA but with amazing sine curve of my career and a good GMAT score?
Hi Vaibhav,

As GMAT mentor I have been blessed to see various cases like yours and I would be happy to inform you that you definitely stand good chances in top 15 B-schools. Low academic scores definitely affect the candidature of applicant however due to your GOOD GMAT score a part of it can be well compensated for and the goodness of your application can really improve your chances in those B-Schools.

Only suggestion is that you need to really work hard on your application to make a really good impression of your work profile by highlighting the points that deserve to be noticed and appreciated.

All the best for Application!!! and Congratulations for great GMAT score.
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by vaibhav0101bhatt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:42 am
Thanks a tonne for reassurance.. it really matters .. thanks again