Please check my Gmat Game Plan. 8 Months Plan

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I'm going like this.

July - October 2014

1. First study Kaplan Premier 2013 guide. Attempt 1 CAT every third week.
2. Then 9 Manhattan Guides. Attempt 1 CAT every third week.
3. Kaplan 800. Attempt 1 CAT every third week
4. 3 official Guides. Attempt 1 CAT every third week.

November 2014 - January 2015
Review all Kaplan Premier 2013, 9 Manhattan Guides, Kaplan 800, 3 official Guides and attempt 1 CAT a week.

February 2015
Attempt 6 Manhattan CAT's Redo
Attempt 5 Kaplan CAT's Redo
Attempt 90 practise questions, additional practise questions from mba.com purchased.
2 free cat's from mba.com
2 additional cat's from mba.com
Veritas free cat
Princeton review free cat.

GAME DAY TARGET 48Q+45V+5AWA+6IR = 750 Points

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:03 am
I doubt if this is gonna succeed.

Reasons

1) 8 months preparation usually takes score down because of various reasons lack of enthusiasm, over study causing confusion are a few of them. The best results are obtain with preparation of 3 months (approx)

2) Starting to practice CAT from 3rd week isn't a good idea. One should take CAT only when you have done basic preparation with complete syllabus done. So suggestion is start taking CAT only one month before D-Day
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:04 am
In-depth research on GMAT may require 8 months study plan but taking GMAT to score high doesn't require this much time.

All the best!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by november22 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:40 pm
In 3 months time no one can read Kaplan Premier 2013 strategy guide, 9 Manhattan Guides, Kaplan 800, 3 official guides. After all study is done then reviewing of all this and then attempting CAT's will take longer then 3 months.

On beatthegmat expert advise to take CAT once a week, however I agree with you that one should do CAT after absorbing content. I'll do Kaplan Premier 2013 guide and then I'll attempt one CAT a week and study manhattan guides along with it.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:19 pm
I just wanted to point out, I don't see any benefit it waiting to tackle OG material. In fact, you should NOT plan your GMAT study by going chronologically "book by book," but rather "concept by concept," mixing in pacing drills, practice CATs, and strategy sessions (preferably with a reputable tutor). If you go through books front to back then you're really leaning on the book to tell you what to study, whereas I think you should independently choose 5-6 GMAT topics each week and review those in GREAT depth.

I suggest you START with OG13, Kaplan, AND MGMAT, but use them all as resources based on the concept. For example, if one week you decide to hit "SC: Parallelism" as a concept, you should go through ALL of those books, reading all chapters on Parallelism and doing all Parallelism questions. You should also make use of the numerous free videos and blogs on Parallelism here on BTG and GMAT Club, and do pacing drills for Parallelism questions so you can get a sense of how long this particular concept takes you. In addition, you should use your laser-like focus on Parallelism as an opportunity to flex your SC strategy muscles. Notice what concepts are frequently paired with Parallelism. Do an error log for ALL incorrect questions, then review thoroughly.

You can see a bit more about my philosophy here:https://gmatrockstar.com/online-gmat-tutor/

The books you've listed are good, but they won't do the work for you, and certainly not if you plan to just do them cover-to-cover spread out over 8 months. You really risk having no solid strategy development, ignoring pacing, and missing out on true concept mastery.
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)