Profile Evaluation - Masters in Management (MIM)

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
HI,

I am a graduate from India planning to apply for MIM in the upcoming admission cycle.
I Gave my Gmat but not happy with the score.

My profile is as follows:

Grad college : Delhi University
Grad major: Computer Science
Graduating Division : First division
Gmat Score : 660/800(q44 v36) ; AWA 5/6 ; IR: 6/8 ---> Not happy

Additional Academic: Cisco Certified Network Associate(Wireless)
Marketing Management, Harvard Extension

Academic Projects: Creation and implementation of Database for my High school aimed at maintaining daily activities and year end result report cards.
Development of a business plan while pursuing Marketing management. Now a successful business in Henderson, NV

Work/Internship: 2 Summer Internship in Marketing/sales department.
2 Months internship with an NGO in rural areas of Thailand: Taught children English.
1 Year full time work experience in the same company i interned in.(Marketing Dept)

Achievements : Won Numerous Inter-college competition for programming and quiz
Member of MENSA international, the world's largest and oldest IQ society: Scored the highest percentile (99%) awarded by MENSA India chapter

Positions of leadership held : President - Computer&technology society(Grad college)
Organising Committee President - Global Human Resource Summit(Attended by delegates from over 10 Countries, speakers from prominent companies such as Ernst and young).... And more while in HIgh School.

I would like to apply to schools such as HEC Paris , IE Business school , fuqua(Duke). Please let me know if i have a chance according to my profile. Should i retake the GMAT before applying? Please evaluate. I would to love to see some expert responses.

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm
Hi aakash.ahuja101

Keeping in mind the schools you are planning to apply to I think it would be a good idea to retake your GMAT as the average GMAT of these schools is at least 30-40 points higher than the current GMAT you have.

IE you might be able to apply with this score but for HEC and Duke you should definitely look at retaking it.

Thanks and Regards

Manya Abroad Team

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

by Abhyank » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:24 pm
Hi AAKASH, well this comes as a late reply, but i still hope it helps future aspirants with the same questions

Strengths:

Well you have a good extra curricular background with a great mix of extra curricular activities and academic achievements. These can really showcase different sides of your personality.

Handling leadership positions in your college clubs & while organizing events can be highlighted to show leadership skills and initiative taking.

You can talk about the work you are doing , as well as any skills you developed during the time.

Your work certifications as well as the Mensa award would go a long way in differentiating your profile.

Schools love volunteering experience, so that helps.

Weaknesses:

Well your profile is pretty solid, but it is marred by the GMAT score.

Verdict
Well you have a good profile and a OK GMAT.

HEC would be a tough sell but Duke and IE may just be possible, just make sure you to put a lot of time and effort into your essays & LOR's as they really will be a deciding factor in your case.

You can opt for a more comprehensive profile evaluation here https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation-.html
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by GyanOne » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:23 am
aakash.ahuja101 wrote:HI,

I am a graduate from India planning to apply for MIM in the upcoming admission cycle.
I Gave my Gmat but not happy with the score.

My profile is as follows:

Grad college : Delhi University
Grad major: Computer Science
Graduating Division : First division
Gmat Score : 660/800(q44 v36) ; AWA 5/6 ; IR: 6/8 ---> Not happy

Additional Academic: Cisco Certified Network Associate(Wireless)
Marketing Management, Harvard Extension

Academic Projects: Creation and implementation of Database for my High school aimed at maintaining daily activities and year end result report cards.
Development of a business plan while pursuing Marketing management. Now a successful business in Henderson, NV

Work/Internship: 2 Summer Internship in Marketing/sales department.
2 Months internship with an NGO in rural areas of Thailand: Taught children English.
1 Year full time work experience in the same company i interned in.(Marketing Dept)

Achievements : Won Numerous Inter-college competition for programming and quiz
Member of MENSA international, the world's largest and oldest IQ society: Scored the highest percentile (99%) awarded by MENSA India chapter

Positions of leadership held : President - Computer&technology society(Grad college)
Organising Committee President - Global Human Resource Summit(Attended by delegates from over 10 Countries, speakers from prominent companies such as Ernst and young).... And more while in HIgh School.

I would like to apply to schools such as HEC Paris , IE Business school , fuqua(Duke). Please let me know if i have a chance according to my profile. Should i retake the GMAT before applying? Please evaluate. I would to love to see some expert responses.

Thanks!
Hi Aakash,

You should certainly retake the GMAT before applying and aim for a score of atleast a 720, both for HEC MiM and Duke MMS. Your extra-curriculars look good and work experience should turn to your advantage. Both these programs are highly competitive, and so you should focus on building your essays and differentiating yourself as a marketing professional (through your innovative academic project, internship and work experience), from rest of the applicants. Had you provided more information on your post MiM goals, we would have helped you with more information on how you can strengthen your candidature at these programs.

Feel free to reach out for further queries.