Veritas Books vs. Veritas on Demand course.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Veritas Books vs. Veritas on Demand course.

by mjstone » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 am
Hello,

I'm looking for some insight on the advantages of the Veritas on Demand course (On Demand) versus the purchasing the Veritas Prep Complete GMAT Course Set - 12 Books on Amazon for ~$240. I'm wondering if the physical study materials are a sufficient substitute for the On Demand course.

Also, if anyone could offer their review of the skill builder materials, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:17 am
There is a lot of material available online. But you could get the personal training through skype based One-on-One interactive classes (37 Sessions 15 Quant ans 22 Verbal) for just $466. You also get flexible timing to take classes from home.

You can take a Free demo and then decide what's the best offering. Please contact for a free demo at the contact information mentioned below.

All the best!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:12 pm
Since you specifically asked about Veritas books versus ON-Demand...

I will tell you that with the On-Demand course you get everything that you would get with a full Veritas course. That includes homework help desk, all the practice exams (at this point 7), the solution station and everything else that Veritas has to offer - and of course - it includes the On Demand lessons themselves. Of course the books are great on there own as well, but with on-demand you get much more.

Why not try an on-demand lesson for free and see how you like it? https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/gmat-on ... ree-trial/
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:13 pm
There is a great amount of effective GMAT material out there. I would only suggest a prep course if your diagnostic is below 550 and you've got no idea whatsoever to start and are not a particularly disciplined person.

If you've got at least 3 months to study, I'd buy the OG13, as well as a couple supplemental books depending on your weaknesses such as MGMAT SC, MGMAT NP, and Powerscore CR and do it on your own. It's definitely do-able. The Veritas book are awesome as an additional supplement, but I wouldn't say you'd need the complete set -- what are your weaknesses? You may only need to buy 2-3 based on your needs. For example the Data Suff or RC books would be my recommendation since most people have trouble in those areas. Add on the GMAT Prep 3 and 4 you can purchase online and the 6 free MGMAT CATs you get once you purchase their books, and you'll be fine on your own.

My suggestion would be to pick your Test Date, then take the GMATPrep 1 so you have a reliable diagnostic, and set up a study schedule with a tutor.

The GMAT can seem super daunting, but I think you'll be able to do most of your prep on your own!
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)