30 days to GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

30 days to GMAT

by rohans51288 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 pm
Hi,

I have booked my GMAT exam on 22nd July and I will be starting my preparation from today onwards.
Requesting all to please share preparation strategy from which i can prepare effectively in such short time?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:13 am
Hi rohans51288,

What is your score goal?

One month of study time is not much. Most Test Takers need the better part of 3 months (or more) to hit their respective goal scores.

As a way to gauge your natural abilities, I suggest that you take a full-length practice CAT test (you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com). Once you have those scores, you'll have a much better sense of your strengths and weaknesses and how far you are from your goal.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rohans51288 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:13 am
Hi Rich,

I am aiming anything above 700. I will surely follow your advice and will take full length practice test.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:11 pm
July 22nd is SOON. I don't mean to scare you off, but a 700+ is most likely off the table unless you've already got some amazing Quant skills and a good intuitive grasp of English grammar. I'm assuming you might be a non-native speaker?

Check out this article first: https://gmatrockstar.com/2014/02/03/10-t ... -the-gmat/

It discusses how you can quickly tackle Verbal from a non-native perspective.

Next: BUY MGMAT Sentence Correction. I don't work for MGMAT, but this is one of the best grammar-building books on the market for GMAT. Dive into it and hit it hard, cover to cover, doing the corresponding OG13 questions in the back of each chapter.

I'd also suggest you become a regular watcher of the "Thursdays with Ron" videos.

Finally, don't waste your time doing tons of CR and RC questions before you have a good strategy in place. Since you're short on time, I'd do some serious research on how to break down a passage, identify question types, come up with predictions, and use process of elimination when evaluating answer choices NOW. Do not waste time. Either read up on CR and RC strategies online or work with a respected tutor. You don't want to get pointed in the wrong direction.
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)