Rescheduling my GMAT exam

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Rescheduling my GMAT exam

by harishsridharan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:53 am
Hi,

I'm planning to reschedule my GMAT test exam. I am targeting Tepper, UNC KF, McCombs and Olin for 2015 fall in R1.I have currently scheduled my GMAT exam on June 27th but my preparation is not in full swing. I'm pushing it to mid of August(2 week or 3rd week). Can I still target for R1 if I postpone? Please reply.

Thank you.
Harish

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:34 am
Certainly you can apply in R1.

Focus on GMAT score first as it's the qualifying criteria.

All the best!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:49 am
Hi Harish,
It generally takes at least a month to write good essays so you're going to be pushing it. This is because almost everyone needs or at least should, write several drafts. However, GMATinsight is right- you need to focus on taking the GMAT first. What you can do though is start brainstorming ideas for you essays so that when you sit down to actually write, you'll be ready to go. Also, keep in mind that there really isn't much of a difference between first and second round. What's more important than the round is the quality of the application.

Cheers!
Dan
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:29 am
Honestly, I'd just call the school and point-blank ask. Sometimes school websites don't offer a lot of information, but if you contact admissions directly and manage to speak with a real, live, knowledgeable human they can give you the behind-the-scenes 'real deal.'
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)