Do most GMAT testing centers look the same??

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:730

Do most GMAT testing centers look the same??

by dp26389 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:36 pm
https://www.mba.com/india/the-gmat-exam/ ... -tour.aspx

Hi!
would like to know if most gmat centers are similar to the one shown in the above link? I mean in terms of their design. Are they crowded with multiple rows of seats( I find this very distracting) or is there a single row as shown in the video?

I am planning to visit the center once before the exam but I don't think i'll be be able to see the main testing area.

P.S: My test centre is in SOLITAIRE CORPORATE PARK, MUMBAI, INDIA

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:53 am
My test centre is in SOLITAIRE CORPORATE PARK, MUMBAI, INDIA
Hopefully someone who has tested in that exact testing center will be able to reply.

I have taken the exam in a few locations in the U.S. and have had students from around the world tell me what their test centers were like. They seem to be pretty similar in setup, although different in temperature, ambient noise level, etc.

I would say, be prepared to use the earplugs or headphones that they give you. The center may be loud. I have used the ear plugs 2 times out of 3 tests.

Be prepared to have people behind you. You will be facing a wall (as in the video) and there will be people walking in and out at times while you are testing and their will be people seated behind you, rather across the room or closer than that is the question that someone could answer who has been to this Mumbai center.

Be prepared for the temperature/humidity to be anything from very hot in the summer in India to super air conditioning mode. Even if you visit the center at it is perfectly comfortable, it may be different on your test day. I have heard of people sweating such that the dripping sweat obscured the writing on their noteboard. While other people were freezing.

So be prepared for noise, distractions, and temperature. It is likely that everything will be great, but if you are prepared you take these factors out of the equation and it just comes down to your performance. (I am sure you already know this but) Be sure to bring water and snacks to leave in your locker for the breaks.

You will do great!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course