Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaluate my profile

by GMAT_now » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 am
Profile: Female, Age 30, Indian

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering, University of Mumbai
MS in Information Management, Syracuse University (Awarded the Graduate Scholarship Award)

GPA: 3.75, GMAT: 650 (Q47, V32)

Work Experience:

Work Experience: Engineer at a Software company in the USA for over 5 years. During these 5 years, I worked on multiple network management products as part of the Systems and Performance Engineering team. I was promoted twice, from being an Intern to an Associate and then from an Associate to Performance Engineer. I was awarded the 'going above and beyond prize' from the Network and Voice Management group for exceptional contribution.

I'm a yoga teacher. I am also volunteering at a countrywide NGO. I teach underprivileged youth (18-25 yrs) in developing soft skills required for obtaining jobs. As a volunteer, I promoted the cause of education at Marathons and other events. I have also done some case studies for the NGO.

I am planning to apply to the one-year MBA program at Cornell. I am planning to apply to the 2 yr MBA program at Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) and University of Washington (Foster School of Business). What are my chances of getting admitted to these schools? Please suggest any other schools that would suit my profile. I am interested in General Management.