Profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by trgtgmat2013 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:51 pm
Hi ,

Could you kindly evaluate my profile and suggest me some b-schools which I should apply?

I am considering to apply this September. Yet to give GMAT. Targeting 700+.
My Profile:

Nationality: Indian
Undergrad - Engineering from a state university
Majors : in Computer Science and Technology

GMAT : Yet to give

Work Experience - 3.8 years as an ERP Technical Consultant in the largest Indian IT firm.

Undergraduate - CGPA - 7.46
12th - 97%
10th -90.33%

Post MBA Goals-- To work in High Tech Industry.

Kindly suggest me the probable B-schools I can get into with a GMAT score of 700+.I would prefer entering the top 50 B-Schools only.

Since,my profile is typical Indian IT one,please suggest me what my target B-Schools should be.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Fri May 16, 2014 1:25 pm
Hi trgtgmat2013,

Thank you for your post!

At this juncture, it's a bit difficult to recommend target MBA programs. What do you hope to gain from a program? What are your extra-curricular activities? If you are opening the bounds to the "top 50" programs, it may be best to consider a regional program. It will depend on what you hope to do, more specifically, post-MBA.

As you noted, you are entering the "typical Indian IT" applicant pool, so you would need to demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills, among other strengths. While the length of your work experience is on par with typical MBA program class profiles, it would help to get a sense of your progress and impact in your role. Do you have any management experience? What results have you achieved? In regards to your GPA, keep in mind that the adcom will only be looking at your undergraduate record. Another way to stand out would be to flesh out your career goals further. What role do you anticipate taking in the short term? The longer term? What impact do you want to have in the industry? What firms would you target and why?

I encourage you to consider these details as you seek to apply this year. If you would like to discuss your candidacy further, please contact us for a free consultation: https://www.clearadmit.com/services/free-consultation/
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.