Newbie GMAT Question - Sending Report to Schools?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members
Do we need to go into the GMAT with the codes for each school? Are we allowed to bring in a paper with the codes?

Or is there a drop down menu for us to select the schools? Does this apply to the Consortium, as well?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu May 15, 2014 11:43 pm
Hi bml1105,

During the Orientation Program on Test Day, you'll be offered the opportunity to send your score report, for free, to up to 5 Business Schools. The program has a search function, so you won't have to memorize any codes. You ask an interesting question about the Consortium; my guess would be that each school in the Consortium would be considered an individual report, but you should post this question in the "Ask The Testmaker" Forum and see what the official response is.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Fri May 16, 2014 4:31 am
I did some quick research and it looks like you only need to send one score report to the consortium and then your entire application, including the scores are reported to member schools. So that is a savings of time and money!

The code (again no need to memorize) is "GMAT® Code: 9X4-6J-59." The web page for this information is https://www.cgsm.org/students/prospectiv ... tructions/

Also,

People often ask if they have to select 5 schools to send reports to or if you can just wait and send the reports later. The answer is that you can wait, but if you send them later each report costs $28.

Also remember that score reports contain all of your scores from tests taken within a 5-year period so schools will see the scores eventually anyway!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by bml1105 » Sat May 17, 2014 1:01 pm
Thank you both! I did know you could submit one score report to the Consortium which is a huge time and money saver!! I just wanted to make sure the Consortium was listed as a "school" and that I didn't have to memorize all the crazy codes.

One less thing to worry about!