Detailed score report real gmat

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Detailed score report real gmat

by gmatmania84 » Thu May 15, 2014 6:41 am
Is there anyway we can get detailed score report from the real gmat exam (including no. of questions wrong in each section) ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu May 15, 2014 7:25 am
I highly doubt it.

Besides, what would you do with that information?

It's important to note that your scores are not based on how many questions you answer correctly; they're based on the level of difficulty of the questions you answer correctly. To illustrate this, I'll share an experiment I performed.

When writing the article Taking the GMATPrep Practice Tests Multiple Times (https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/03/ ... iple-times), I took GMATPrep Practice Test #1 four times, and each time I answered every second question correctly (I did this for the quant section only)

Given that I correctly answered EXACTLY HALF of the questions each time, you'd expect my quant scores to be roughly the same for all 4 tests. Not the case.

My 4 scaled scores were: 19, 23, 26 and 42

This represents a percentile range from approximately 8th percentile to the 63rd percentile.

So, don't worry about how many questions you answered correctly. It has nothing to do with your score.

Aside: If you're interested, we have a free video explaining the GMAT scoring algorithm: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gener ... es?id=1251

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Thu May 15, 2014 8:15 am
Brent is exactly right.

GMAC does not give out that sort of information. They guard their questions very closely and do not want anyone to know even the number of questions missed.

Furthermore, you would need to know the difficulty of the questions you missed in order for this to really help you.

Of course I sympathize - I would love to know exactly how many Quant questions I missed the last time I took the exam! But you must treat the official GMAT exam differently from a practice exam. You will not get the level of feedback (from the official exam) that you want.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu May 15, 2014 9:10 am
Hi gmatmania84,

The information that you DO receive on an Official Score report can be quite telling. If you're looking for insights into those numbers, then feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]