Help in school Selection

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help in school Selection

by yatish85 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Hi
I recently gave my Gmat and could only manage 570 :( . Pretty disappointed as I had high expectations . can anyone help in evaluating my profile and also let me know If I stand a chance in b schools like boston university , Boston college (Carroll School of management ) . below are my details :

Work Exp : 7 years in Top Indian IT Company .Presently acting as Delivery Lead handling 8 resources
Gmat : 570
graduation : 70% Btech in Computer Science
class XII : 78%
class X : 82%
Extra Curricular : Decent Extra Curricular having associated and done projects with NGO's , part of Organizing committee of National Level tech fest . Part of cricket Team in university , also won lot of awards right from school level to Processional level

Will really appreciate if you can suggest me some decent B schools where i stand a chance in addition to the one's I already mentioned

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat May 10, 2014 1:33 am
Hi yatish85,

When researching Business Schools, it helps if you have a definitive idea of what you want to do with your MBA once you earn it. Is there a particular field that you want to work in? Is there a particular company that you want to work for? Do you want to be an entrepreneur? Etc.

Once you define what you want your career path to be, THEN you can define what degree would be the best match. From your choices, it sounds like you're focusing on a particular area of the US, but it's possible that none of those schools is a match for what you want to do. Business schools are less likely to accept someone who will not benefit from the degree that the school offers, so you have to clearly define your goals and then see if your overall application is strong enough to apply to the schools that will forward your goals.

You might also consider re-taking the GMAT.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by sohini93 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:56 am
I have only one year of work experience in the field of marketing. I would like to pursue my MBA now but most courses need a lot work experience. Taking into consideration this limited work experience can anyone suggest me any good b-schools?

by priyankashah » Wed May 14, 2014 2:59 am
S P Jain School of global management offers the MGB course which is for people with limited or no work experience. It is a tri-city course which would give you a lot of exposure as well.

by iyer1 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:04 am
Which country's degree do the GMBA students at S P Jain receive after graduating?

by priyankashah » Wed May 14, 2014 3:06 am
The students receive an Australian degree. Go through this link for more information: https://www.spjain.org/gmba/index.aspx

by iyer1 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:07 am
Thank you!