GMAT Prep

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Prep

by rohitaba001 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:42 pm
Hi Everyone,
I would like advice on the best ways to prepare for gmat,ie, the best test prep programs available, the best books for prep,etc....I am a poor reader.So, I plan to start off my verbal prep now itself by reading some books and newspapers(I usually read only the sports section of the newspaper). I am working as a research associate in NTU,Singapore after my Master's in Microelectronics from NTU.

1. Please advice me on whether I should enrol in some test prep program like the Veritas/Manhattan(If so, then which?). oR should I go for just the materials and self study?

2. How much time should I ideally put in for prep? (I am weak in verbal).
I had written GRE in 2011 and scored only 317/340
(163/170 for quant
154/170 for verbal
and a pathetic 3/6 for awa)
That time I had mugged up a lot of words for GRE and then went for the test, but the test format had changed and I did badly wrt my expectations. And I have now forgotten all the words I mugged up.

3. I plan to apply to Indian b-schools like IIM,XLRI,etc....Please advice me on this too.....eg: target score required

4. the best prep materials(books or online)

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit Abraham John

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Fri May 16, 2014 11:22 am
I would recommend you read the other reviews of these courses on BeatTheGMAT - https://reviews.beatthegmat.com/.

Two different GMAT experts wrote excellent articles that answer your two questions on how to improve your Verbal GMAT Score and how to establish a study plan.

I hope this help.
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.