Please Evaluate My Profile

by np273 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:48 pm
rofile: 25 years Male
10th(ICSE): 93%
12th(HSC) : 83%
Graduation CGPA : 8.24/10
GMAT: Taking in June 2014
Bachelors Major: Studied Electronics at BITS Pilani
Work Exp: Completed 1 yr 10 months as a Consultant at Deloitte.
Awarded,among the top 15% of all Deloitte professionals
Extra Curricular: Volunteer with the Art of Living foundation since the last 6 years.
Post MBA Goal: Move from IT Consulting to Management/Strategy Consulting.

I intend to pursue 2 year MBA program from a top US B school starting in August 2015 ( will have completed 3 years work experience at the time of entry )

Please evaluate my profile and let me know which schools i can hope for.

Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Fri May 02, 2014 11:05 am
Hello np273,

Thank you for your post!

Let's take a look at your candidacy! In regards to your academics, you should note that the adcom will be looking at your undergraduate record as well as your GMAT score (not ICSE or HSC). Keep in mind that several Indian applicants will be coming from IITs with similar grades, so this lends more importance to performing well on the GMAT. In regards to your work experience, Deloitte will be recognized for brand strength, meaning that the adcom will view your accomplishments there more favorably than similar ones at a lesser known firm. It's great that you have been recognized for your work; however, the adcom will be looking for the details of the work that led to that award. So, consider the impact you have had, the size of teams you have led, etc. Given your focus in IT, you will also want to steer clear of industry / technical jargon when recounting your work.

In terms of your extracurricular involvement, a longstanding commitment will be positive in your applications. That said, the adcom will be looking for evidence of your leadership and impact, as well as your other community involvement. B-school students are expected to be active and engaging, so consider what initiatives you could launch with Art of Living or additional activities you could take up. Keep in mind that they will also be looking for your other, casual interests.

Management/strategy consulting is a feasible post-MBA goal, but also an incredibly popular one. To help you stand out, you will need rich details about your plans to show that you have deeply considered and vetted this path. Determine a few target firms, the impact you hope to have and how you hope to grow in your selected role. Is there a particular industry you would want to support?

Good luck on the GMAT! To be competitive at the top programs, you will need to score a 700+. While your work experience has potential to help you stand out, a strong GMAT score would further do so. In terms of schools you could hope for, what do you want from an MBA program? Do you have a preference for class size? Do you have an idea of where you would like to work post-MBA (region)? What kind of opportunities are you looking for? We will need to consider some criteria for your preferences to determine target schools. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us for a free consultation: https://www.clearadmit.com/services/free-consultation/.
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.