down from 690 to 650 , what to do next ??

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
today gave my second gmat attempt and scored 650(q49,v28) :(
my first attempt score was 690(Q48,v35) on 13-feb-2014
i dont want to give gmat again , if i will apply to any schools now , will they consider highest one or average ?
will it add some disadvantage to my profile ?
please help me i am so scared :(
as i am going onsite in few days , i will not be able to give gmat with best efforts
please suggest me

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 am
Hi vivekagarw.2010,

First off, both a 690 and 650 are well above-average, so you have nothing to be ashamed about. Either score could be enough to help you get into Business School.

Most Business Schools consider an applicant's highest GMAT score when reviewing the application. If a school does things differently (averaging scores, for example), the only way to know is to ASK the school. Business Schools tend to be fairly open about how they evaluate applicants.

Since you're obviously interested/concerned about how an Admissions Officer will view your application, I suggest that you post this question in the Admissions Forum (on this site). The experts there should be able to offer you some insight.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 am
Hello, Vivek! I am sorry to hear you are not scoring as high on the GMAT exam as you would like. However, you are still scoring very well! You may be interested in our percentile ranking chart, which will show you how your GMAT score compares with other GMAT test-takers: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... -mean.aspx

For additional practice, you may want to try the GMATPrep Exam Pack:
https://www.mba.com/global/store/store-c ... ID=80.0027.

As for your specific admissions questions, you will need to talk to the schools you plan to apply to, directly. This is the forum thread for GMAC, the makers of the GMAT exam, and unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific admissions advice.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by [email protected] » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:57 am
Thanks guys for replying ..

one more question: for both exam , i chose different schools .
so, first applied schools will get my latest scores or i need to submit to them.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:05 am
Your score report will include all GMAT score from the previous five years. If you re-take the exam and want an update score report sent to schools, you will need to re-select them at the time of your exam. I hope that helps!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!