What to do for letters of rec?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

What to do for letters of rec?

by tfb1986 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:12 pm
I'm planning to apply to full time mba programs in the fall of 2014. I will have 3 years of post grad work experience at the time of matriculation. However, I am in a rotational program (Three 1 year rotations) that requires you to get an mba part time. I'm not sure how to go about getting letters of recommendation as all of my managers work closely together and I would be unable to tell any of them my plans to leave the company for a full time mba. I would be able to secure letters by telling them they are for part time programs, but since they must be submitted by the recommender online it would begin to raise questions when they receive a request for a school that does not have a part time program. Since this is the only company I've worked for since graduation I do not have any supervisors at former employers I could go to. I plan to apply to several top schools so I want to make sure my applications are as strong as possible. Any advice anybody has would be greatly appreciated!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm
I know this might not be a reply you want to hear -- but if you can't have an honest conversation with your employer about your desire to pursue a full-time MBA vs. a part-time MBA, is that really a company that you want to work at? I think there should be a way for you to bring up this topic ("I am considering applying to full-time programs as well as part-time programs", etc.)

Just a thought.

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)