50 Days

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

50 Days

by gmat1981 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:12 pm
Hi:

I've not started gmat preparation yet due to some personal reasons. I now have 50 days remaining untill my actual exam. Should I be studying only 9 manhattan guides with some Cats or should I also study 3 official guides. I'm home
24 hours untill my exam day.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:16 pm
Hi gmat1981,

Have you done ANY studying since you first posted? If you have not done so yet, you should take a full-length practice CAT to assess yourself. That score result will help you to figure out what your overall plan should be and what you should focus on.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:780

by whataB » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 am
I'll second that - a practice test is for sure where you should start

after that, take some time to do some deep reflection to tackle subject materials in the order of importance (i.e. where you are weak vs strong, and if that area is common on the gmat. for example, you may be VERY weak in combinatorics and only moderately weak in dealing w/ word problems - however, you should tackle word problems first because they are much more important for the gmat)

good luck to you
Study Less, Squash Anxiety and
add 50+ pts to your GMAT fast?!

https://bit.ly/GMATdash

Admission winning essays in under 10hrs?

https://bit.ly/under10hrs

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gmat1981 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 am
Yes practise test I've taken and I scored 200 on it without doing any study of any materials.

I know Rich that you suggested me to have 3 months and some course to touch my score. This is not possible as from today I only have 49 days, 7 weeks remaining.

In this case should I be studying only Manhattan guides and then focus on CAT or should I also study all 3 official guides.

I also intend to include 6 Manhattan CAT's, 5 GMAT Premier CAT's, 6 Veritas CAT's, MBA.com Practise questions and also additional practise questions from mba.com, 2 free MBA.com CATS and 2 CATS I'll pucrchase.

Reason I didn't studied earlier, It was due to some personal matters.

Target now I'm aiming for is 650 43Q+35V+4AWA+5IR.

Please help me how I can reach to 650 score total in 7 weeks of study.

Please tell me which CAT's I can reduce from here to save time.

Please tell me If I need to study Official guide or should just study Manhattan guides, since I've finite time.

My first language is not english and I need to learn everything.