Which test is the best one to start?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Which test is the best one to start?

by rohit421990 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 am
I would like to start my prep by taking a test. Please suggest me one free GMAT practice test (Kaplan or Veritas or any other) which closely resembles the real test.

Thanks in advance.
Rohit
Regards,
Rohit

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:38 pm
Hi Rohit,

The most realistic Practice CATs on the market are the 2 FREE practice CATs that you can download form www.mba.com. Plan on taking one of those tests, in its ENTIRETY, as a way to gauge your "starting level." You probably will NOT be happy with the results, but those results will give you a good sense of what you'll need to focus on and if you have a pacing problem.

Once that's done, you should post back here with your score; there are plenty of people who can offer advice on how to proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:25 pm
Rohit -

GMATPrep is the most realistic.

If you have already taken the GMATPrep or you feel like you want to save it there are several good choices for practice tests. The Veritas Prep Free Practice Test is similar to the official test in that the difficulty level of the questions is determined by thousands of answers from actual students (over 2 million total answers at this point and approaching 3 million). That gives the Veritas Prep practice test a high level of accuracy - scores are usually very closely aligned to GMATPrep scores and actual GMAT scores. The Veritas test also has many useful tools concerning pacing, the way you preformed in the various question types, etc.

Have fun! That is what the GMAT should be!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course