Recommendation Deadlines

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:4 members

Recommendation Deadlines

by tejaswini0712 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:18 am
Hi Experts,

I am in the midst of applying to various schools and have a sudden doubt. Do the recommendations also need to be submitted before the deadline? As in, what if I have submitted the application a day before the deadline but my referee hasn't submitted his recommendation as yet. Will my application be pushed to the next round. Looking forward to your valuable thoughts on this.

Regards,
Tejaswini

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:31 pm
Hi Tejaswini,

Almost every school requires all materials be submitted by the time of the application deadline. The seldom exception to this is in the case of GMAT scores and even then only a handful of schools have any exceptions in place for that. If your recommendation will be late due to an "act of god" or "family emergency" that impacted the recommender, contact the school directly to bring the issue up to them. However, if something like this isn't at play, their recommendations need to be registered in the system by the time the clock dings the deadline.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:33 am
I have had clients have their applications accepted for the round, even though recommenders submitted after the deadline. But Bhavik is correct in that this is up to the school's discretion. The best thing to do is calmly contact the school and ask if your application can be still considered for that round (while simultaneously pushing your recommender).

Sorry to respond so late as I have been caught up with second round deadlines so this response might be of use to other applicants as well.

Good luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.