Profile evaulation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaulation

by psharma893 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:21 pm
My Gmat score is 620 Q 45 V 30. (Indian Male Age 26)

I am a Mechanical Engineer (Honors) with 71% in my UG. Decent extra curricular activities (actively involved with a NGO)

I have 4+ years of diversified work experience in the field of Finance (Quant based algorithmic trading firm)and HVAC (air conditioning industry). Currently working in the field of Finance.
I have a family business and have to return at some point to my home country to handle the business. I am looking for an Mba with a focus on International exposure and entrepreneurship skills.

10 th 87%
12 th 73%

Do i stand a chance in Schulich or sauder's. I am open to doing my Mba from not well known colleges such as Copenhagen business school. Please suggest some good colleges that suit my profile.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:44 am
Hi,

Based on your profile I can suggest you to target b-schools known for entrepreneurship like Babson college - Olin, Tulane University - Freeman, IE B-school, You can also consider some stretch schools like Imperial college b-school and University of Cambridge - Judge.

For Sauder you have fair chance as the average GMAT is around 640. Schulich will be little stretch for you as the average GMAT is around 660. Suggest you to focus on the positive aspects of your profile and you need to highlight on involvement in family business as your post MBA career goal and diversity in profile in your essays. Let me know if you have any questions happy to help...

Regards,
Manish
Visit www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:14 am
As a rough rule-of-thumb add 40 points to the school's average GMAT score for the average GMAT score of Indian applicants. So, given your target schools have an average GMAT score higher than your own, I would recommend you retake the test or you might have to consider less selective schools with average GMAT scores around 600.

Good luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.