Accuracy 74%

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Accuracy 74%

by suheb » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:25 pm
I have just completed og13 and my accuracy turns out to be 74%. Is it good or bad ?? How can I improve my accuracy?? I am currently following Manhattan series.

Warm Regards,
Suheb Ahmad

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:98 members

by Patrick_GMATFix » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:58 pm
Hey Suheb,

I'm afraid without more info I can't give you an exact answer.

This is a pretty open-ended question. Whether 74% is good depends on your target score, on how the percentages break down across difficulties (eg 74% accuracy on very difficult questions is much better than on very easy questions), and on how long it took you to solve the questions.

If you use the GMATFix App (check out my signature at the bottom for more info), open up the Report Card to get narrow feedback of your performance; the App compares your performance to that of everyone else on the network and gives you a grade for accuracy and another for pacing based on the target score you've set.

Click "Report Card" when the App loads

You get an overview of your performance

Pick a more targeted report card to see specific topics

You can also take a diagnostic quiz on my site (go to the "Resources" page at GMATFix.com) and send me your results (you will see that option at the end of the quiz); this way I'll have more information to give you better feedback. I will go over the quiz and send you a detailed report.

As far as how to improve your accuracy, it again depends on what exactly is holding you back; not all problems have the same solution. On the Resources page of my site, I have a Self-Study PDF document that discusses how to make the most of the Manhattan GMAT materials.

Sincerely,
-Patrick
  • Ask me about tutoring.