Seeking some expert guidance, please help

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Seeking some expert guidance, please help

by sepujr » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:41 am
Long story made short, first I started to prep for the GMAT back in March (scoring around 450 28Q 25V). After little improvement, I signed up for VeritasPrep's online course in September (which ended in late October) and now I'm stuck around a score of 560 (35Q 32V - I have taken 3 VeritasPrep mocks as well as 2 GMATPrep exams under real test conditions w/o the AWA section).

Quant Overall Performance 49%
DS 67%
PS 36%

Verbal Overall Performance 66%
SC 100%
CR 71%
RC 29%

I have devoted over 250+ hours (4-5 hours every day, completed & reviewed VeritasPrep's problem sets as well as the OG13 problems) to the preparation process (before and after the course) and I honestly don't know what to next. I'm aiming for a 700+ score, any tips or input is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time & help!!!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:07 am
Hey there sepujr -

I can see that what we need to do on the verbal side is to work on your reading comprehension. With your score on that part so low it will drag down the difficulty level of the other two parts (CR and SC). Please send me a PM so that I can work with you on that portion. If we can improve that significantly then we can move your verbal score up dramatically. I can point you to some additional Veritas resources and some additional techniques I can share with you.

On the Quant side it looks like problem solving is lagging far behind Data Sufficiency. Given your good scores in CR and RC you seem to probably have a logical way of looking at these things and this will help with DS. You may be having trouble with the actual math or with formulas and equations give your lower percentage on PS.

With the Veritas tests I have the ability to look at your test and give you some indications of where you are having the most difficulties.

Send me a Private Message using the messages tab at the top right of the screen and we can look into this!

David
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course