Will I have a chance if I apply to HEC Paris Full time pgm

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Requesting your kind help here also on different set of questions..

My profile in brief: I took gmat couple of months back and scored a 620(50q + 23v)and 6 on AWA.

Again I took gmat a week ago and after lot of hardwork (if not smart work) I scored a disastrous 640(50q + 27 v). Again expecting 6 on AWA. Also i scored a 1320 on GRE 3 years back.

I have 24 months of work experience in an Indian IT company. I resigned from the job and now currently i am doing various small activites along with my preparation for MBA entrance examinations. Also I am taking a distance course in investment banking.

my 10th and 12th class percentages were 85.5 and 82.2

Undergraduation was in B.Tech (mechanical)- 72.2 % ( among top 10 in the class of 66).

No great extra curicular activites to brag about.

This is my profile in brief.

Will the applying to HEC Paris full time programme become a very tough ordeal for me?

Could you kindly give me a list of 3 to 4 bschools ( preferable good in HR and General MBA programmes) i can atleast contemplate applying to with this score and profile? also can I use my Gre score anywhere in applying to Bschools?

another option i have is to attempt for the third time hoping for a very good score and apply in the 2nd round. Should I go for the third attempt?

Please provide your honest feedback.

Thanks so much
Kumar

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:14 pm
I don't know much about the HEC Paris program however there is a candidate profile evaluation tool on their website https://www.etheryl.net/HEC/application/ that might be useful to you. As far as US programs go, you should look at the top 30 - 50. The admissions environment is very competitive for top schools and your GMAT scores and lack of extracurricular activities are weak points in your profile. Finally, I would only recommend taking the GMAT a 3rd time only if you significantly revise your preparation strategy since it does not seem to be working for you.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by beyondlimitz » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:16 am
VP_MBA Expert wrote:I don't know much about the HEC Paris program however there is a candidate profile evaluation tool on their website https://www.etheryl.net/HEC/application/ that might be useful to you. As far as US programs go, you should look at the top 30 - 50. The admissions environment is very competitive for top schools and your GMAT scores and lack of extracurricular activities are weak points in your profile. Finally, I would only recommend taking the GMAT a 3rd time only if you significantly revise your preparation strategy since it does not seem to be working for you.
Thanks so much for your prompt response:)

What is your take on attempting gmat for the third time? Honestly, even though I couldn't improve much in the second attempt, I feel that I can score a better score. How do adcoms look into 3 attempts?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:55 pm
Three attempts is pretty much the limit before the number of attempts is viewed by adcom as a red flag.

Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant | Elite GMAT Preparation and Admissions Consulting | www.VeritasPrep.com
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:11 am
This is an old post, but I'll answer one of the questions for future users.

The GRE is now accepted by pretty much every major MBA program (with the exception of LBS as of early 2013). Even though only 5% of candidates applied with the GRE last year, there is reason to believe that there will be a significant increase in the number of students this year that apply after only having taken the GRE.

To read more about the GRE vs. the GMAT you can check out these articles

https://www.vinciaprep.com/en/blog/do-mb ... mat-or-gre

https://www.vinciaprep.com/en/blog/diffe ... nd-new-gre
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT