Help - GMAT - Paris

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help - GMAT - Paris

by snderrey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:29 am
Hello all,

I'm preparing to take the gmat.. I'm supposed to take it on August 21st but my best score is 570 and I'm aiming to attend a top 15 Business school. Lots of people, suggested that I delay my test as it will look bad on my application to have taken the test and scored low (below 600 or low 600's with adrenaline).. What do you guys think?

Additionally, I'm trying to look into GMAT prep classes in Paris. I found 3:
- Kaplan: https://www.kaptest.fr/kurse/cours-de-groupe-à-paris
- Colbert: https://www.cours-colbert.fr/tarif.html
- MBA Center: https://mba-center.net/index.php/en/courses-paris/gmat

As it is super expensive, I would love to get some feedback before signing up.

Many thanks for yall's help!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 am
If your best practice test score was 570, and you need 600+, I wouldn't bank on a score increase on test day. If anything, students perform a little worse than their best best practice test scores. This is why I typically suggest that students achieve their target score on at least 2 practices tests before they take the official test.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:46 pm
Well, I may be too late, but I thought I would reach out to you anyway. If you want to look at another alternative you can check out my company's website at www.vinciaprep.com. I'm the only beat the gmat instructor in Paris, I've been teaching for about 10 years, and I've specifically been helping people get into MBA programs for the last 5. Also, my company doesn't have as many fixed costs as a lot of other companies so we're a bit less expensive.

With that said, what have you been using to study? If you want some free advice you can send me message or e-mail me at [email protected]

Cheers!
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:47 pm
One more thing- I've seen some statistics about the profiles of students who get into top schools. It appears that there is a big difference between the number of people who get accepted with a GMAT score of 640 and those who get accepted with a 650. That is, there's a good possibility that even though most schools say there is no minimum score to get into their program, your chances go down significantly if you don't have a 650.
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT