Advice / guidance

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Advice / guidance

by Eshita800 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:08 am
What is the best option to study ? Coaching class or study on your own ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:25 pm
Hi Eshita800,

Since this is the Test Maker's Forum, you probably won't receive any advice for a "best option" to study. You will probably find the Official Guide 13th Edition to be a worthwhile book to purchase and the free download (with 2 CATs and set of practice questions) to be useful.

For questions about the various study options, try posting in the other Forums.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:23 am
Hi Eshita800,

It really depends on your own personal studying preference. Some students have managed to successfully work through the GMAT prep material available and found the motivation to work on their own, going through many practice questions and highlighting the areas they are most weak in. Others prefer to be in a classroom environment learning with and from others.

Why not try the free GMATPrep software on the mba.com site and see how you do? https://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0027

Once you'v tried a few questions, you may have a better sense of what would work best for you.

All the best,
Tina
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by just_nishu4u » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:52 pm
Hi! I would be grateful if anyone can guide me a little bit.M an Indian mechanical engineer with 14months of work ex. in production,but had been involved in my own business(retail,wholesale & a bit of manufacturing) due to some family concerns,since the end of 2011.M planning to give GMAT in jan 2014.M new to GMAT and was thinking asto which mock tests/papers should I buy? I have heard about GMAT800,KAPLAN,etc But m confused.

2)Secondly,working in my own business.Can I show this as work ex. while applying to interrnational b schools?? Basically,we have retail outlets in Calcutta(India).

3)Lastly,since m going to give GMAT in jan 2014,m I too late for admissions in the 2014 session of MBA in international universities??
Sorry for a long post and thanks for being patient to read this!