How do I install Question Pack 1 on Mac

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How do I install Question Pack 1 on Mac

by popeye207 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm
Greetings,

I've purchased Question Pack 1 recently and successfully installed the same. However, since I upgraded my OS , I ended up reinstalling GMATPrep and unable to load the .gsp file (install the Question Pack!).

I've tried double clicking the .gsp file and expected that to open in GMATPrep Software and prompt for activation code. Can you help me move forward? Is there an installation guide/procedure published for Mac?

by gabrielervilha » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 pm
Hi popeye207,

I had the same problem. Have you already solved it?

Cheers.

by popeye207 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:06 am
gabrielervilha

Unfortunately . No ;( Waiting for some help.

Cheers

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:51 am
Hi popeye207. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble installing your GMATPrep software. There is not a separate set of instructions for Mac users. Please email [email protected] and a member of our customer care team should be able to assist you.

All the very best!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by Bibubo » Mon May 12, 2014 6:46 am
Same problem here. I am running the latest version of Mac OS (MAC OS X 10.9.2) and cannot open the .gsp file. How did you guys solve it?

Cheers

by Bibubo » Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 am
Never mind, I figured it out myself. When asked how to open the .gsp file, pick "choose application" and open through the free GMAT Prep software. Just a note for the GMAC representatives out there: this seems to be a 9-month old issue. It certainly wouldn't hurt to publish a separate set of instructions for Mac users.

Best

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue May 13, 2014 8:25 am
Thanks for the feedback! I shared it with our product team.

Rebecca
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by greenious » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:41 pm
Bibubo wrote:Never mind, I figured it out myself. When asked how to open the .gsp file, pick "choose application" and open through the free GMAT Prep software. Just a note for the GMAC representatives out there: this seems to be a 9-month old issue. It certainly wouldn't hurt to publish a separate set of instructions for Mac users.

Best
Hi Bibubo,

I have the same Mac OS version as you (10.9.2) and tried to do what you've suggested by opening the Exam Pack .gsp file with GMATPrep software, but somehow it was grayed out (see attached screenshot). Do you have any additional suggestion to open the file? Or can GMAT representative help me? I'm preparing for the test by the end of this month and need the practice tests urgently! Thanks!

by greenious » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:49 pm
greenious wrote:
Bibubo wrote:Never mind, I figured it out myself. When asked how to open the .gsp file, pick "choose application" and open through the free GMAT Prep software. Just a note for the GMAC representatives out there: this seems to be a 9-month old issue. It certainly wouldn't hurt to publish a separate set of instructions for Mac users.

Best
Hi Bibubo,

I have the same Mac OS version as you (10.9.2) and tried to do what you've suggested by opening the Exam Pack .gsp file with GMATPrep software, but somehow it was grayed out (see attached screenshot). Do you have any additional suggestion to open the file? Or can GMAT representative help me? I'm preparing for the test by the end of this month and need the practice tests urgently! Thanks!

Oops nevermind, I later realized there was a drop-down menu to open with "All Applications" instead of "Recommended Applications." I was able to install it successfully :). Leaving this here for anyone who had the same installation issue.

GMAT rep, please add instructions for Mac users! It can be frustrating when you are ready to take the practice exam but are having issues with the installation process.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:11 pm
Thanks for sharing this with us! We have heard from a number of students about adding Mac instructions to GMATPrep, and are in the process of adding those.

Thanks so much for the feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Rebecca
Leah

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by utkalnayak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm
Found out that I am unable to install question pack 1 and exam pack 1 on my macbook, probably due to OS 10.10 (Yosemite) version not supported by this software. I am able to download it, but it asks me to enter activation code to activate. When I enter the activation code nothing happens, no error message is shown. Any body encountered such problem ?

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:06 am
utkalnayak wrote:Found out that I am unable to install question pack 1 and exam pack 1 on my macbook, probably due to OS 10.10 (Yosemite) version not supported by this software. I am able to download it, but it asks me to enter activation code to activate. When I enter the activation code nothing happens, no error message is shown. Any body encountered such problem ?
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the software. Please email [email protected] with your issue and a member of our customer service team will assist you.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by pataiz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:15 am
utkalnayak wrote:Found out that I am unable to install question pack 1 and exam pack 1 on my macbook, probably due to OS 10.10 (Yosemite) version not supported by this software. I am able to download it, but it asks me to enter activation code to activate. When I enter the activation code nothing happens, no error message is shown. Any body encountered such problem ?
I've encountered the same problem. Could the Customer Service team solve it for you?

by utkalnayak » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:24 am
I have sent this problem to gmatprep email id, waiting for the response. I will update as soon as hear from them

by utkalnayak » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:45 pm
Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your help. I have written to gmatprep email id that you have suggested, waiting to hear back from them. In the mean time I could borrow a windows laptop to work through the exam packs. In windows machine I found that with default resolution the control buttons on the screen such as Next, Pause (the buttons of the bottom panel) are not visible. After few futile attempts I changed the screen resolution to a lower one, which was not pretty to look at but I could work through. I also have a snapshot of how it looks on windows. If you guys could please look into this issue, many test takers would be benefited.

Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_0688.JPG