What schools do I have a chance at? - Suggestions please!

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT: 710 (47Q, 41V, 6AWA)

GPA: 3.03 in Finance from top 10 undergraduate business program (while working at career center and doing marketing research)

WE: 4 years (5 at matriculation): 1 year in consumer-IT program (exposure to project mgmt and internal marketing/comms IT); 3 years as a business analyst in technology at top BB bank and promoted in less than 2. Heavily involved in undergraduate recruiting in both positions. Both at "prestigious" firms.

ECs: Undergrad - 2 years volunteer in tutoring/mentoring program aimed at mitigating exposure to violence by providing an alternative after-school haven. Undergrad business club-- led initiative to promote recycling by educating and instilling best practices/forming habits in youth.
Post-grad - involved in firm's 'green' initiative to promote best environmental practices in the office and community. Leadership position at firm's business resource group for women.

Demographic: Asian Female, probably 27 at matriculation

Ideally would like to get into strategy/consulting, with an emphasis on leveraging technology in the consumer/retail sector to drive business. I have exposure/experience in IT/marketing/finance/project management and want to get an MBA to bridge these areas to position me into strategy.

What schools should I consider/do I have a chance at? Any thoughts/tips/criticisms would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Followed by:1 members

by batrichie93 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm
check out Amity Business school which has good facilities with urban infrastructure, built environment ranking first in India with experts professors.

by mbahopeful22 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:33 am
To clarify, I am interested in US schools only. Thanks in advance for your suggetions!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750

by Vincent Ho-Tin-Noe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:27 pm
Dear mbahopeful22,

MBA Admissions Advisors recently launched a free algorithm to estimate your odds at the top 100 MBA programs. You can apply a filter to only consider programs in North America.

Feel free to give it a try and do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have questions.
https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/mb ... algorithm/

Good luck with your applications!

Vincent
Vincent Ho-Tin-Noe (HBS '13)
CEO and co-founder
MBA Admissions Advisors LLC
www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com

Get an immediate assessment of your odds at top MBA programs, try our algorithm for free: https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/mb ... algorithm/