Schools and GMAT score reuired

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Schools and GMAT score reuired

by BeattheVerbal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:48 am
Hi,

I am an Indian female with work ex of 9+ years in IT services. My Engg. Undergraduate is 65% from one of the best university in India. work Ex majorly involves IT support. In last two years have received appreciations,awards & accolades for various improvements & savings done on the project ,in my current role in my current organization. In my earlier job(while having 3+ yrs exp), have mentored a new joiners. Apart from this, I am a part of CSR group in my current organization & taken part in few activities.

I have taken GMAT thrice but with dismal score and planning to prepare again.My pain area is Verbal & working hard on this. My question to you all is-
1.What school I should target, if targeting for 650 score? Mostly in India.
2.Recommendation: I do not intend to ask my current supervisor for this as he may not take my this move positively. Getting recommendation seems to be a very tough idea for me as though other people,from whom I intend to ask might be aware of my work but do not know me personally well. How should I approach this part? Also, is it fine if I take a recommendation from a lead with whom I worked a year ago?
3.The most important question is, due to earlier failure in GMAT, I am still not confident but preparing and in next couple of weeks will decide about the retake. Is it really advisable to retake this year or shall prepare well and then appear for it next year?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by BeattheVerbal » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 am
Hi,

Would appreciate if you all can provide any suggestion\tips.

Thanks