Kaplan Test confusion!!!

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

Kaplan Test confusion!!!

by rakeshd347 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:21 pm
Hi Experts,

I have my GMAT in the next 3 days and I have been giving the mock tests from kaplan and veritas. However, Kaplan test scores are bit confusing. If someone can please explain me if they represent the true representative of my score.

I have Kaplan2 mock test with 740 Q51 and V39
I have Kaplan3 mock test with 710 Q50 and V41

I must say that Kaplan 3 mock test was harder than kaplan2. Both sections quant and verbal were difficult compare to the mock sections.

I just want to mention here that My veritas test scores are 700 710 710.

Now my last 6 mock tests results are over 710 now can I conclude that on real GMAT I should be expecting atleast 700. I want to mention here that 4 of the 6 mock test I have taken are at 9:45AM. because my exam is at 10.00am in the morning so give the real feeling, i chose that time.

How can it be possible that a 30 points difference despite having good verbal score. I have attached my score screen shot please advice.

Thanks,
Rakesh
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-09-15 at 1.12.46 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-09-05 at 3.51.19 PM.png

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for sharing this! I've forwarded this on to our team. I'll let you know as soon as I get a response (which, unfortunately, might take a while--when there appear to be scoring irregularities, it can be an arduous process to figure out whether the scores are indeed off and if so, why).

In the mean time, focus on your performance on individual questions and on timing, and you can always double-check the accuracy of our exams by taking an official GMATPrep test (so far, from what I've seen, our exams are producing results quite close to official results!). Let me know what else we can do for you, and thanks for choosing Kaplan!

Best,
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by rakeshd347 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 pm
KapTeacherEli wrote:Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for sharing this! I've forwarded this on to our team. I'll let you know as soon as I get a response (which, unfortunately, might take a while--when there appear to be scoring irregularities, it can be an arduous process to figure out whether the scores are indeed off and if so, why).

In the mean time, focus on your performance on individual questions and on timing, and you can always double-check the accuracy of our exams by taking an official GMATPrep test (so far, from what I've seen, our exams are producing results quite close to official results!). Let me know what else we can do for you, and thanks for choosing Kaplan!

Best,
Hi Eli,

Thanks for the quick response. I did some R & D myself and I think this makes sense. I was thinking that a higher Q and V score should give higher total overall score. But I just looked at my gmatprep mock test results and in 1 test it has given me Q49 and V37 as 710 and in the other test it has given me Q49 and V38 as 710 as well. So I believe it depends on the difficulty level of the overall questions.

I think Kaplan has improved their simulator heaps better than last time I gave mock test. This time my kaplan score,veritas score and gmatpre score are all in the same 710-740 range and it makes sense now.

Thanks
Rakesh