Why get an MBA from Brigham Young University

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
By way of introduction, I am second year OBHR MBA student at BYU. After rigorous research, I absolutely love the program and so happy that I decided to come to BYU for an MBA. Take a moment to check out this video that captures the program beautifully - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGjJ0iuU2_E

I chose BYU for its strong and distinctive Organizational Behavior & Human Resources program, intimate learning environment and diversity and for all the reasons enumerated below -:

Learning--BYU is immersed in values, rigorous in theory and experiential in practice. Professors are very approachable. They invite periodic feedback on their classes, which I think is exceptional as it indicates that the professors are genuinely invested in the on-going learning process.

Strong brand name and placement statistics : I received my summer internship at Adobe through on-campus placement. The career center is extremely helpful. You can get more details on our placement statistics from this link : https://marriottschool.byu.edu/ca...

The best value for your money- The icing on the cake, the program is very affordable! I will be graduating with an insignificant loan (which is such a blessing!). Follow the link for the estimated expenses
https://saas.byu.edu/ebrochure/BY...

Placements - I started my MBA program in July and to my absolute delight, the recruiters started queuing up as early as October. I received my offer from Adobe soon after. Thanks to the Business Career center at BYU that offers one-on-one career advising that specializes in your major. The strong and lifelong tradition of alums engaging with and assisting current students is a treasured gift.

Religion & surrounding myths- Even though, the School receives generous funds from the Church. Its all-embracing of people from other faiths. The school provides various opportunities for BYU students to know more and embrace the religious diversity of the student body. For example, as a Hindu, I represent my religion on the inter-faith panel on the campus.

Place -Provo is called the happy valley and reasonably, so, you will see happy faces everywhere. The place is very affordable and proudly exudes all the charm and hospitality.The BYU MBA community is very collaborative and inclusive which extends beyond students. There are lots of activities round the year that spouses are invited to and participate in activities on campus like attend classes with us to get a sneak peek into a day in an MBA student's life.

I will carry these enriching experiences and lasting friendships with me, where ever I go. The BYU MBA experience has been truly unique.

I invite for you to come discover this gem that will forever transform you. We welcome your questions, please contact the admisions team at: [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:23 pm
That's great info about Brigham Young University's MBA program. I will say that as a recruiter at my firm, I would consider BYU a very strong regional school. If you want to go work in New York City for example after school, your MBA degree will not be as valuable compared to an equivalent school in the northeast. So really think through where you want to be after school.