Feeback required on KAPTEST

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Feeback required on KAPTEST

by manasgoswami1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:33 am
Hi

I took the online kaplan test and got 660 as my score. i heard that kap test are generally tougher and felt the same. Is there some kind of points that i need to add to 660 to guesstimate my gmat score

92 percent in quant and 48 percent in verbal. IR was as bad as 2 on 8
Regards

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by sparkles3144 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 am
Not really. I took Kaplan courses. Kaplan is way easier than Manhattan and official GMAT. Do Kaplan for a day and then try Official GMAT and Manhattan problems.

I used to score 690s and 700s on Kaplan GMAT. On official GMAT... I ended with really really low score.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:24 am
Hi Manas,

These types of rumors tend to circulate and they're not correct. Assuming you take the ENTIRE CAT and assuming that it's an adaptive CAT (and not a linear or pencil-and-paper test), then the score you earn is a fairly accurate representation of your ability. SOMETIMES a Test Taker might have an abnormal amount of good or bad "luck" when guessing, and his/her score COULD be off, but that isn't the norm. This is one of the reasons why a study plan should include several CATs: one abnormal CAT score will stand out among the consistent results of the other tests.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:15 pm
Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of conflicting rumors about Kaplan tests--some report that we are way too hard, others that we are far too easy. The truth is that we are quite accurate (though constantly adjusting). We've tested our results against those generated by official practice, and we know they are reliable.

If your Kaplan scores are far different from your actual test results, it's best to ask yourself what external factors could have contributed to that difficulty. Was the real test quieter? Noisier? Earlier? Later? Higher pressure? Something made the difference--and much as I wish I could tell you that it was a simple mathematical error on our part, the truth is likely harder to figure out.

Hope this helps!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage