Lost and don't know how to start preparing!!

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Ahmed Hammoudeh and I'm an accounting background student who has a BA in Accounting from overseas university called Birziet university. I graduated in 2006. Now I'm living in Akron-OH for the last 3 years working in a family business and would like to start my MBA program in Akron University. I put my application last year and did the toefl and pass it and I already took 2 getaway courses as non-degree student. now I have to have the GMAT with score of 550 at least to start the core program as a degree student.
Here is the point, I'm in lost situation and don't know how to start my prep. I have poor skills in math since last time I took math course was in 2002. My English skills are not that great too but I can manage my self I'm English.

My concern is how to start my prep?!! Shall I take prep course with Kaplan or what? That's what I most heard about from people! But it's too expensive and I don't know if its going to help me or being worth the money invested or not?

I bought the official guid for the GMAT as well as I got Kaplan premier book but everytime I opened the book I feel wired that alot of things looks hard and new to me!

Please any advice that will put me in the right direction will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all,
Ahmed

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:710

by TheGmatTutor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:55 am
If you are intending to do self-study, you could start with the book Foundations of GMAT Math by MGMAT. It's a good overview of the Quant material you will need, and it's at an easy level. Once you finish that book, you should be more comfortable doing Official Guide problems.
If this post was helpful, please click the "Thanks" button.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 am
Hi Ahmed,

Sorry to hear that you're lost--but you've come to the right place! This community will be happy to support you on your journey. And by the way, congratulations on starting your GMAT Journey!

Kaplan offers free sample classes to prospective students. Taking one of those sample classes will get you a feel for how we teach, and whether we are a good fit for you. You can also take one of our free practice tests, as well. Here is where you can sign up for free events: https://bit.ly/1bh6eQShu

As for the Kaplan book that you purchased, don't let it discourage you. Of course it will feel hard and new--the test is hard and new! But you can improve, if you put in the time and effort. Stick with it and stay positive.

I hope this helps, and I thank you for considering Kaplan. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you, and good luck on your prep!

Best,
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage