Anyone have a good idea on what schools are feasible?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi All,

Today I took the GMAT and scored a 650: V40 (90%ile) and Q39 (46%ile). For the AWA I got a 5 (60%ile)
and I received a 7 on IR (82%ile). On all the practice exams my quant scores were in the low 40's, but I would hate to take it again and sacrifice how well I did on verbal for this go around. So I guess what I'm looking for is any insight into the feasibility of getting into some top graduate level schools? Here's some other information about me below. I would really appreciate anyone's professional insight that they might have.

Certified Public Accountant & Masters in Accounting
Work experience: 2.5 years at PwC (Pricewaterhouse Coopers) on their Mergers & Acquisition Team (Valuation)
Undergraduate GPA: 3.96/4.00 at Bentley University
I majored in Accounting and International Business, and Minored in Finance
I played college basketball and also have quite a few international experiences because of basketball and because of studying abroad (not quite sure if that helps with the application process for graduate schools or not).

Again, thanks in advance for your help. Any help, insight, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 am
Hi John - That depends on your budget and other criteria that you are using to select a school. Please let me know what's the range you are looking at and I'd be happy to send you list of schools that fit your budget/criteria! ~S
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by RandomUsername123 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:38 am
Hey Sophia,
I guess I'd like to see what my options were if there were no budget constraints and if I were just trying to get into the top schools possible that align with my GMAT scores, GPA, work experience, etc.

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to hearing from you!
-John

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Hello John,

With your profile you have many options (sports/ extra activities certainly play a role during selection process). Here are some schools to get you started (but this isn't a comprehensive list). Below are a wide variety of range so you get an idea. You'll have to further review schools to see which will meet your criteria.

University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Texas A&M University Mays Business School
Pennsylvania State University Smeal College of Business
Tulane University Freeman School of Business
Michigan State University Broad College of Business
Purdue University Krannert School of Management
Thunderbird School of Global Management
University of Georgia Terry College of Business

Hopefully this helps! :)
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31