GMAT mock 640-650(Q50,25V) hoping for 700

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT mock 640-650(Q50,25V) hoping for 700

by mannvaish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:55 pm
Hi,
I am preparing from past two months, last Saturday I gave the mock test, in which I secured 640 (Q50,V25), I hoping for a 700+ score.
What extra should I put in and also will it be righteous to give the real one in next one month(apply in first round for US ) or should I wait for securing good in mocks and then only give the exam.

Please help me out,the slots at my nearest test center are almost filled for next month, don't understand what would be the right thing to be done..to wait or to go on..

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:20 am
Hello, mannvaish.

Sorry to hear you are frustrated with your GMAT scores. In general, the best time to take the GMAT is when you are ready-that is, when you are scoring consistently in your practice exams where you want to score on test day. However, if you have school application deadlines coming up, you may want to go ahead and register for the exam. Fall is a popular time to take the GMAT exam, so appointment slots tend to fill up quickly. Please remember it takes up to 20 business days to receive your Official Score Report so you should plan to take your exam at least 21 days prior to your first deadline.

Unfortunately, there is no one strategy that can guarantee you a specific score. You may want to re-post this question to one of the main forum threads where other students and test prep tutors can offer you additional study tips and strategies. Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!